Remote share: Path not found or invalid, although Kodi v.19 SMB-network shares are ok
Hello,
I have Kodi version 19 installed om my Xgody media player with Android TV v.10.
The last weeks Kodi has a problem with connecting to my NAS devices, such as: Netgear Ready-NAS 102 (OS version 6.10.4) and a network-drive connected to my Access Point (newest firmware).
I have made SMB-network connections in Kodi via Home screen | Settings | File manager: Add file source | Add network location.
In Kodi v.18 I already had SMB-shares to my Music folders 'via Server Names'. These connections still work in Kodi 19 File manager.
In Kodi 19, I also made new SMB-shares 'via IP address' to the same locations. They also work in Kodi 19, but only through the File manager.
I navigate through Kodi on my TV by means of the devices: either a Remote Control or via a mouse.
But:
When I try to approach my network shares in Kodi v19 via Home screen | Music | Files, I get a popup with the error message:
'Remote share: Path not found or invalid'.
And when I try the navigation route: Home screen | Music | Sources, I only see my old shares (SMB by Server Name), not my newly made IP-shares.
When I click on such an (old) Source, again I get the error message 'Remote share: Path not found or invalid'.

In Kodi v.19, I set SMB version Min to v.1 and Max to v.3, but this does not solve the problem.

Of course, I can start up music-files via the Kodi File Manager, but it has 2 flaws:
a) When I activate an MP3 file, I want to see the full-screen display with the accompanying mp3-tags, album cover and play-controls, as I was used to in Kodi v.18 . 
(The only flaw is that the screen dims very quickly, as if Kodi is running on a smartphone, instead of on a TV.)
Now in Kodi 19, I have a hard time (backspace, backspace etc.) finding the Play Music-screen.
b) I can only start one music-file at a time. 
Previously, I could go to my NAS-music folder with many subfolders containing thousands of mp3-files. 
Then I could right-click on the upper level folder and choose the option: Play. Thereby I could set 'Play in random order'. 
This way, I could listen for hours without getting bored, and read mp3-tags (name of song, singer, album, year etc.).
I could see the album cover, and even read possible lyrics and so on.
I miss all these features now in Kodi v.19, because I cannot reach my NAS-shares, via the standard Music navigation path.
How can I overcome the localized problem 'Remote share: Path not found or invalid'?
Is it possible to make a Play-button/icon or Play-link in Kodi that will show up in every screen-page / window within Kodi? 
So regardless of how many pages deep one has clicked to fine-tune certain features, you should be able to jump back to the full screen Play Music (or Video) with 1 click.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote share: Path not found or invalid, although Kodi v.19 SMB-network shares are ok0