Path table strScraper column and display cast relationship ?
I have an addon which directly populates the Kodi DB tables and doesn't leverage a scraper.  It populates all of the tables including path, file, actor, movie, episode, genre, art, actor_link etc...  I don't use an internal Kodi scraper because the data is being copied from another database source which has scraped all the metadata, artwork, actor info etc..  Everything works fine in that I can display all the metadata, play the video files etc from the Kodi skins (i.e. Estuary, Confluence etc.., ), play trailers etc.  Basically everything works fine except I see one behavior I don't understand and was hoping one of the Kodi team members could explain. 

Initially I left the strScraper field blank in the path table since I am using an external scraper source.  However, when I leave it blank I cannot get the skins to display the cast member names and images in the info screen (i.e. DialogVideoInfo.xml even though the actor, actor_link, art tables and such are populated properly..  If I add the appropriate strScraper entry in the path table, they appear properly (i.e. metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python and metadata.themoviedb.org).  I am trying to figure out why the scraper entry is needed if the database tables are already populated properly for the associated movie or TV show ?   All other metadata displays properly and all views work correctly without an strScraper entry for the path, except displaying the cast members.  I am not understanding the path table strScraper dependency here.     

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
After a bit more digging, I believe I found the answer.  Set the strScraper value to metadata.local.  That seems to work fine.  I couldn't find it documented anywhere but found it in the code for another addon.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Path table strScraper column and display cast relationship ?0