Scan to library ?
Every time I try to add a title using scan to library it’s keeps saying, “not possible while scanning for media”. It’s scanned all the media….it’s been doing this for days? Is anyone else having issues? I found a lot of posts over the years of people saying or suggesting it doesn’t always work. Wanted to know if it’s the function or me before I Tear down the troubleshooting path too much.
(2023-05-26, 06:17)Jman5150 Wrote: “not possible while scanning for media”
Pull out the left sideblade menu and if it is scanning, you should have the option "Stop Scanning".
If you see "Update Library" instead, it means there was no scanning in progress.
Provide a Debug Log that captures the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I reset kodi to start from scratch. It’s working now. However I can’t seem to add independent files. Like bonus disks or personal disks that aren’t in the online library. How do I add those and set my own poster?
(2023-05-26, 12:39)Jman5150 Wrote: I can’t seem to add independent files.
You need to use nfo files to add to the library.
For artwork, save locally saved poster and fanart.
See my signature for links.

Or you can use the Extras addon... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks! Very helpful!

is the extra add on one of the unknown ones? I couldnt find where to download it in kodi but found a site with it to dnload…if not where is it in kodi?
(2023-05-27, 01:28)Jman5150 Wrote: Thanks! Very helpful!

is the extra add on one of the unknown ones? I couldnt find where to download it in kodi but found a site with it to dnload…if not where is it in kodi?

The Extras add-on is in the Kodi Add on repository.  Follow the install steps from Karellen's link above should lead you right to it.
Kodi Omega (arm64) nightly, nVidia Shield Pro 2019 SE 9.1.1+Hotfix (Android 11), Samsung Q8FN, Synology DS1821+ DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan to library ?0