DialogKeyboard/DialogNumeric heading label empty for many situations since Kodi 18(?)
Hi,

i mostly use Kodi 17.6/7 on my main live system, but while regulary testing with all Kodi generations (including 20 and 21) i noticed that the keyboard dialog seems to have the "Heading label" text (id 311) empty/missing since Kodi 18 for specific situations.

- It seems to occur when opening DialogKeyboard or DialogNumeric via the settings of most likely any addon with an simple edit field
Example:   Stinger scene notification > Configure > Advanced (Tab) > duringcreditsstinger

- It seems to NOT occur when opening said dialogs via a Kodi internal system settings section
Example:   Settings > Services > General > Device name

(More) Screenshots
https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEQ72JL

Anyone any idea? Did i maybe miss something?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
The addon being used probably isn't setting that label. Is it the same in Estuary?
Maybe related to the new addon settings format?  Need specific examples of non-working addons.

scott s.
Yes, screenshots are from untouched Estuary (Kodi 20.2) and the labels are set.

@scott967

I thought that at first, too. But this doesn't look like to be it.

Maybe just check jurialmunkeys TheMovieDb Helper as an random example on Kodi 20.2:

TheMovieDb Helper > Configure > General (tab) > MPAA rating prefix > Click to open DialogKeyboard

results in:

Missing heading label - like with the other add-ons i tested.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
The only addons I found to work correctly were a couple of weather ones.
Seemingly partially working:

Tvheadend HTSP Client (Kodi 20.2 Windows):

Tvheadend HTSP Client > Configure > Connection settings (tab) > "Name" > Click to open DialogKeyboard = heading text visible

Tvheadend HTSP Client > Configure > Connection settings (tab) > "Tvheadend hostname or IP adress" > Click to open DialogKeyboard = heading text missing
Raise a bug report on GitHub so it doesn't get lost.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/25216

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DialogKeyboard/DialogNumeric heading label empty for many situations since Kodi 18(?)0