Solved Kodi Won't Load on Manjaro on New XPS 9530 - Complains About Shared Libraries
System Specs:
Quote:Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.10
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.112.0
Qt Version: 5.15.11
Kernel Version: 6.6.7-4-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 20 × 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900H
Memory: 31.0 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Graphics
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: XPS 15 9530

When I try to load Kodi I'm getting the following error:
Quote:/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libunibreak.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Have Kodi running fine on a similar machine in my home so not sure what the problem is. Google hasn't helped.

EDIT: I'm noticing it's using intel graphics....I have an NVIDIA 4060 so trying to figure out what's going on there. Maybe that's the whole issue.

Thank you!
You appear to be missing a so so either you're missing a dep (hint look for which package supplies that file) or your mirror is out of date and that is an older version of the so.

On Arch (not Manjaro):
Code:
% pkgfile libunibreak.so.5
extra/libunibreak

Do you have that package installed?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Did the trick. Thank you. No idea why it didn't install with Kodi when I installed it. Never had to go and search for it like I did this time.
They might be missing a dep in their libass package.  I gotta say their web interface for their packages is horrible.

On Arch Linux, one of kodi's dependencies is libass.  That in turn has a depends of libunibreak among others.

Code:
% pacman -Qi libass | grep Depends 
Depends On      : fontconfig  fribidi  glibc  harfbuzz  libfreetype.so=6-64  libunibreak

Apparently the manjaro package for libass lacks that dependency (you have to click the blue details icon).

You should report a bug against their package.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Won't Load on Manjaro on New XPS 9530 - Complains About Shared Libraries0