jellyfin addon no longer working
so last night, out of nowhere, nothing would play anymore. I would get a "one or more items failed to play" error. I have posted on the unraid forum and jellyfin forum and now here. i navigate to the movie i want to play, i look at the info and it is correctly mapped however, when i try to play i get the error.

https://paste.kodi.tv/bafilisavo.kodi
disable native playback in the addon and switch to Addon playback

you don't have your libraries setup with a sharing path so now windows is trying to open a path that doesn't exist
VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /data/movies/4k/Footloose (1984)/Footloose.mkv

that path only exists "inside" your docker container
ill give it a shot. seems i cant add any libraries to kodi either. in my testing i discovered that i cant access unraid via smb only via IP. not sure what happened.
(2024-02-26, 16:37)blackb0x Wrote: in my testing i discovered that i cant access unraid via smb only via IP

with jellyfin installed there should be no need to access anything other than jellyfin
native playback mode in the jellyfin addon is an ugly hack workaround from years ago and even the developer mcarlton00 will tell you not to use it

so in my opinion, it would be best to just get jellyfin up and running for Kodi and not worry about smb as it carries far more issues

but if you would like to pursue the issue with Kodi+SMB then open a new thread in the appropriate section of support - https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111
well that worked. still, how does this happen all of a sudden? i suspected some sort of permission error yesterday but it seemed far fetched. not anymore. before i go doing something like reset all dockersafe permissions or something, im checking my the SMB settings. Does anything look off?

Enable SMB: Yes (Workgroup)
Hide "dot" files: No
Enable SMB Multi Channel: No
Enhanced macOS interoperability: No
Enable NetBIOS: Yes
Enable WSD: Yes
WSD options [experimental]: blank

Nothing for SMB extras

Workgroup settings:
Workgroup : WORKGROUP
Local Master: Yes
(2024-02-26, 16:53)blackb0x Wrote: Does anything look off?

i have no basis for comparison, i don't use unraid or smb
thanks for looking and for your help. if it works, ill take it.
you're welcome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
jellyfin addon no longer working0