• 11(current)
Release TrueHD passthrough Test Builds - New MAT Packer implementation
Try to turn off the cache in the settings entirely for a test. You are using a wired connection? Gigabit Ethernet? If you were on wifi, channels / frequencies especially with DFS can change at any time ... and throughput will be limited.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2024-05-30, 11:14)fritsch Wrote: Try to turn off the cache in the settings entirely for a test. You are using a wired connection? Gigabit Ethernet? If you were on wifi, channels / frequencies especially with DFS can change at any time ... and throughput will be limited.

That's bizarre. Disabling the cache seems to have worked. 30 minutes and counting without a single hiccup to speak of.

I'm on wired gigabit ethernet so presumably the cache isn't required. But why would it have adverse effects?
I think you overload the Shield with your setting Smile I have Shield TV Pro 2019 and free system memory is going between 700 - 1200 MB. I have set memory size "only" with 128 MB. You set 500 MB. It was said in the past that we should set 1/3 of free memory size. It would be interesting if you set the same as I have... IMHO you will be on the safe side.
(2024-05-30, 13:25)Rokle Wrote: I think you overload the Shield with your setting Smile I have Shield TV Pro 2019 and free system memory is going between 700 - 1200 MB. I have set memory size "only" with 128 MB. You set 500 MB. It was said in the past that we should set 1/3 of free memory size. It would be interesting if you set the same as I have... IMHO you will be on the safe side.

For me the same. When setting cache too high (>256 MB) on TV Shield 2019 Pro it seems to have an adverse effect on the playback from internet source (wired, 1Gbit). When set to 128 MB its safe without hiccups.
(2024-05-30, 13:25)Rokle Wrote: I think you overload the Shield with your setting Smile I have Shield TV Pro 2019 and free system memory is going between 700 - 1200 MB. I have set memory size "only" with 128 MB. You set 500 MB. It was said in the past that we should set 1/3 of free memory size. It would be interesting if you set the same as I have... IMHO you will be on the safe side.

That could well be the case. Out of curiosity, what are your exact cache settings, including chunk size and read factor?

Regardless, I don't think I'll need to enable cache since my setup is purely based on local media via gigabit NAS.

And more importantly, I finished all of John Wick 4 with the MAT Packer build and zero dropouts.

Thanks guys!
Buffer Mode: Only buffer true internet streams: HTTP, HTTPS, etc
Memory Size: 128 MB
Read Factor: 5.00 x 
Chunk Size : 128 KB

I do not have NAS, I only use external hard disk through USB.
Updated builds in the first post
@jogal I'm assuming that the "MAT Rework" will be officially added to future v22 builds, correct? It seems to have completely solved all dropouts for everyone in this thread.
It is already in v22 nightlies. 

This thread is just to give it more visibility because most people don't know it exists or ignore nightlies and also so that it can be tested well in Omega branch for a supposed backport (if no regressions detected and it is not considered that there are risks of broke other things).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD passthrough Test Builds - New MAT Packer implementation0