setting up movie folder.
Once that i have created a folder for each movie on the drive do i create a folder rename Back To The Future Collection and then add a folder inside for each movie.
(2024-05-11, 08:00)general79 Wrote: do i create a folder rename Back To The Future Collection
It's up to you.
You should have your Source then movie folder eg... ...\Movies 1\Back to the Future (1985)\
If you want to group them into a set like ...\Movies 1\Back to the Future Collection\Back to the Future (1985)\, you can do that but it is not required.

If you are going to use local artwork for movie sets, don't forget to set up your Movie Set Information Folder... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have the folders for each Back To The Future movie and also the artwork and nfo file along with each movie in their own folder.
So, can i just create a folder rename Back To The Future Collection and drag and drop each movie folder inside of the collection folder.
To make it look good in the kodi library, how do i just add a cover poster the the Collection folder, so, in the kodi library, it would show the poster artwork Collection folder like all of the other movie folders.
(2024-05-11, 08:58)general79 Wrote: So, can i just create a folder rename Back To The Future Collection and drag and drop each movie folder inside of the collection folder.
Yes you can. But if these movies are already in your library, make sure you delete them from the library first, then once you move the folders, scan them back into the library. If you don't, then Kodi won't be able to find where you moved them to.

(2024-05-11, 08:58)general79 Wrote: To make it look good in the kodi library, how do i just add a cover poster the the Collection folder, so, in the kodi library, it would show the poster artwork Collection folder like all of the other movie folders.
The scrapers should download the artwork for the collection automatically.
If you are using nfo files and local artwork, then you need to setup the Movie Set Information Folder I mentioned above and save the collection artwork in there.
Make sure you do this before scanning the movies into the library, because then Kodi can find the artwork automatically when you scan the movies. Adding it afterwards, you have to apply the artwork manually and can be an inconvenience.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting up movie folder.0