Win Unable to stream using Widevine Widevine
I have installed latest Kodi release for webOS (Kodi 21) on my new LG Smart TV.
All is working fine except the streaming of some TV channels like LA7 (plugin://plugin.video.wltvhelper/play/la7/La7) due to an error on Widevine libraries.
At first run I was prompted to install Widevine CDM. After downolading 1.3 GB Chromium OS, the package was automatically extracted and Kodi reports that the installation was completed succesfully.
When I try to stream LA7 channel now I get an error and the tips suggest to check in the kodi log for fixing.
Here there is the kodi log: kodi.log

The first critical entry is

Code:
critical <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Failed to check for missing Widevine libraries.

but I can confirm that the libraries are installed since I can see, browsing the filsystem, this file

Thanks for helping

path:
/media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so
I thought I read somewhere that WideVine doesn't work on WebOS.
Here https://webostv.developer.lge.com/develo...otocol-drm is reported working Widevine Modular version 3.2.1.
Is the same version used by Kodi?
From what I understand it's impossible to Kodi to access the built in Widevine CDM currently since Kodi on WebOS has been done without any help from LG. Inputstream Helper allows dowload of the ChromeOS Widevine CDM where it does not already exist on a system, therefore Inputstream Helper can only download a Widevine CDM on systems capable of running ChromeOS.
Hi @jjd-uk thanks.
I am searching in the "Kodi on LG Web OS". It's a little bit dispersive have basically one thread for all the requests.
I would like to understand if this library can be compiled on webOS... but I guess no Smile
As Widevine is for DRM it's a closed source blob only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to stream using Widevine Widevine0