YellowDog Linux on PS3
So maybe this is a non-question, but is there a port for YellowDog and if not why not ? Nerd

I have had NO luck getting any version of UBUNTU to work entirely with the PS3. Meaning one time I had everything but graphics and WIFI, then I had ethernet (cable) working but no graphics etc etc. If someone can tell me which build to use that will get everything to work as a media player at 1080i or 1080p (not really bothered about which) or even 720p, together with IP (cabled or WIFI), bluetooth etc then maybe I will forget Yellowdog !! ....Because their distribution is much cleaner in all areas and operation etc, but if I cant get XBMC to work I may have to compromise.

Thanks in advance..
trasher_can Wrote:So maybe this is a non-question, but is there a port for YellowDog and if not why not ? Nerd

I have had NO luck getting any version of UBUNTU to work entirely with the PS3. Meaning one time I had everything but graphics and WIFI, then I had ethernet (cable) working but no graphics etc etc. If someone can tell me which build to use that will get everything to work as a media player at 1080i or 1080p (not really bothered about which) or even 720p, together with IP (cabled or WIFI), bluetooth etc then maybe I will forget Yellowdog !! ....Because their distribution is much cleaner in all areas and operation etc, but if I cant get XBMC to work I may have to compromise.

Thanks in advance..

I think XBMC Linux needs a x86 CPU, PS3 it's not. Sad
the cpu is the least problem. SEARCH FFS
Can we PLEASE make this a sticky?
rodalpho Wrote:Can we PLEASE make this a sticky?

I did one better Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YellowDog Linux on PS30