Dreambox (IR) keyboard compatible with XBMC?
i have just bought dreambox keyboard to my dreambox..

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/bereich....ard.php

is there any way to use the dreambox keyboard with my xbox? :lookaround:
does it replace an infrared remote?

if so, it may be able to be used. you need to enable debug remote code support (look in xboxmediacenter.xml).

then, try and set it up so that it outputs the codes for a rca dvd player. press some buttons, and hope.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok! i will try that, and yes, it has ir-transmit. it would be so cool if it works :kickass:

will be back with how it goes.
hmm. i cant find debug remote anywhere. :help:

what is a rca dvd player? Blush

(i`m using 08-18 build.)
try

<displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>

in xboxmediacenter.xml.

you need to set up your new "remote" as an rca branded dvd player remote. that is the system that the xbox ir module picks up. look through the info on how to program your keyboard to control other devices such as your tv etc.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i feel dumb.., but what is rca branded dvd player?
please see faq:http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#ir
and/or search: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....96a13df
hmm. i want this to work. :d , but i cant find a code that work. (yet, theres alot of them!Wink. anyone know about a rca dvd? (name)

if i find the correct code, will i be able to type text as well?

(i can see that the osd keybord in xbmc is a direct copy of the dreambox keyboard, does this mean that anyone has got this to work? Huh )
(_morph_ @ aug. 27 2004,18:41 Wrote:(i can see that the osd keybord in xbmc is a direct copy of the dreambox keyboard, does this mean that anyone has got this to work? Huh )
no, its just that the designer liked the dreambox design i guess.

and i doubt you will be able to type via ir cause xbmc don't accept other functions than the ir remote has anyway.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
ok. u say xbmc don't accept other functions than the ir remote. does that mean that it cant "pick up" (hardware), or that its not supported? (and never will?)

sorry for my bad english
@_Morph_

the first goel you must have is to emulate the standart xbox ir remode controll. if you dreambox keyboard can do this.. then only then it could be possible to deteckt the other 'key codes', which comes from the dreambox keyboard!

simpel:
can you emulate with the dreambox keyboard the standart xbox remote controller!

yes: then wait, and post you experience with it

no: no way.. go and get a wireless usb keyboard and attached it to the xbox [may to the dreambox.. it also support usb keyboard]

regards
geminiserver

Smile ok. i`m making a jp1 interface now, then i should get it to work with the right codes (i hope). the codes that came with the keyboard didn`t work.

rock on..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dreambox (IR) keyboard compatible with XBMC?0