Trouble with HOW-TO compile XBMC for Linux ...
Greetings -

I'm trying to complile the SVN version of XBMC so that I can utilize some of the newer skins (eg. Transparency!), and also VDPAU support.

I am attempting to follow the HOW-TO in the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ian/Ubuntu

I'm in the Install Packages step, eg. when attempting to execute:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential debhelper quilt python-support cmake autotools-dev autoconf automake unzip libboost-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu-dev libglew-dev libmad0-dev libjpeg-dev libsamplerate-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libfribidi-dev libsqlite3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libasound-dev libpng-dev libpcre3-dev liblzo2-dev libcdio-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libenca-dev libjasper-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libxinerama-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-storage-dev libhal-dev libpulse-dev libavahi-common-dev libavahi-client-dev libxrandr-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libpostproc-dev libswscale-dev liba52-dev libdts-dev libfaad-dev libmp4ff-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libass-dev libmpcdec-dev libflac-dev libwavpack-dev python-dev gawk gperf nasm libcwiid1-dev libbluetooth-dev

This step fails, as follows:

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version.
debhelper is already the newest version.
debhelper set to manually installed.
python-support is already the newest version.
python-support set to manually installed.
cmake is already the newest version.
autotools-dev is already the newest version.
autotools-dev set to manually installed.
autoconf is already the newest version.
autoconf set to manually installed.
automake is already the newest version.
automake set to manually installed.
unzip is already the newest version.
libboost-dev is already the newest version.
libgl1-mesa-dev is already the newest version.
libgl1-mesa-dev set to manually installed.
Package libglu-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  libglu1-mesa-dev 7.4-0ubuntu3.1
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libglu-dev has no installation candidate

Could this be why ./configure fails? As follows:

Code:
checking for main in -lXtst... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-m
I think
Code:
sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa-dev

should do it.

cheers.
mst3kroqs Wrote:Could this be why ./configure fails? As follows:

Code:
checking for main in -lXtst... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform

install

Code:
sudo apt-get install libxtst-dev

you may also require:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libxt-dev
fultotop Wrote:install

Code:
sudo apt-get install libxtst-dev

you may also require:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libxt-dev

Appreciate the pointers here - and overall I have come to the conclusion that the information contained within this wiki article may need updating.

-m
You're right, the wiki needs updating. If you run into trouble compiling from source you should always check the README.linux or README.ubuntu as they are updated in case there's a new build dependency.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Does something extra need to be done to compile in VDPAU support? I just noticed that the XBMC I compiled from source has no 'VDPAU' option, and when I set it to auto-detect, it seems to use software decoding. When I use the build from the svn-ppa, I see VDPAU there and it works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with HOW-TO compile XBMC for Linux ...0