Need help with this config...
After reading some post I think I've come up with a decent configurataion for a new HTPC. Just need your opinion on the CPU and Video Card selection. Not many people use AMD in this forums so that worries me.

Thermaltake Lanbox Lite VF6000BWS ATX/MicroATX Gaming Cube PC
PNY Optima MD2048SD2-800 2GB DDR2 800
Gigabyte Mirco ATX Motherboard GA-MA78LM-S2H
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2 GHz
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GT 210 512 MB PCI-Express Video Card

Total = $322.00

Thanks for your comentaries...
thats a monster it will run just fine.

its the video card that you really need to worry about and since you have that covered your good to go.

-=Jason=-
Wow. That is more than enough. That not only will play every x264 file on the planet, but it will play x264 files from other planets. You are set.

LOL you are on the right side ;-=)
Thanks to all for your answers Big Grin
Big Grin 
Im thinking of changing the processor to a cheaper AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0 GHz. will it affect the performance in a noticeable way?

Trying to save some bucks to buy a remote Big Grin
omontero Wrote:Im thinking of changing the processor to a cheaper AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0 GHz. will it affect the performance in a noticeable way?

Trying to save some bucks to buy a remote Big Grin

Omonter,,, we are running 1.6 GHz in our Zotac ions and playing 1080P with out a hick-up. your still way OVER KILL with 3.0 GHz but maybe you need some extra power to do other things beside xbmc....

-=Jason=-
You could downgrade to the single core Sempron and it would do the job....

Flomaster Wrote:Omonter,,, we are running 1.6 GHz in our Zotac ions and playing 1080P with out a hick-up. your still way OVER KILL with 3.0 GHz but maybe you need some extra power to do other things beside xbmc....

-=Jason=-

Not really I just want to be able to play all the content I trow at it and be able to see YoutubeHD and Hulu videos. I also want to configure some emulators but given the fact that they ran flawlessly on my old xbox I think I'm on the safe side for that as those tend to get more optimized for the PC platform.

Anyway thanks gain to all for your help got the answer I need it. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with this config...0