Antec MicroFusion 350 + XBMC Live and Harmony Remote?
Hi Everyone,

I am putting together an HTPC for my mom and I need to know if the Antec MicroFusion 350 case with built-in IR receiver will work with a Logitech Harmony remote under XBMC Live.

My mom has ALS and has very little strength in her hands--she can't really press the buttons on a regular remote any more. I got her a Logitech Harmony 1000 touchscreen remote a while back and it has been a lifesaver, especially with the RF extender so she doesn't have to try to point the remote at the devices.

I like the built-in receiver of the Antec case, but it won't do me any good if it won't work with the Harmony remote. Searching the forum has dug up some conflicting information, so I'm hoping someone with first-hand experience can weigh in.

If the Antec case will not work, I'd appreciate any suggestions on another case with built-in receiver, or external IR receivers if needed.

Thanks!
I have this case and am not a big fan. The problems I have with it are:

- LCD is finnicky, ugly and too bright.
- Fans are noisy and only have power supply connectors.
- fit is tight
- power supply cords are way to long and plentiful for this case.

That being said, I did use the IR receiver successfully with a harmony. I have since taken the LCD/IR unit out and use a USB receiver instead. I wish I had purchased a Silverstone Grandia GD05B and might trade up in the future.

Grass is always greener . . .
HTPC- Windows 7 64 Pro running XBMC Dharma Margro PVR Build, Intel I3 550, MSI H55M-ED55, 4 Gigs Ram, Asus EN GT430, Intel X25V, Antec MicroFusion Remote Case, HD Homerun Dual Tuner
Server- Unraid, 7TB storage, Intel I3 530, ASUS P7H55-M LE, 4 Gigs Ram, CoolerMaster CM690 Case
A/V- Sony 40Z5100, Sony HT-SS360

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Antec MicroFusion 350 + XBMC Live and Harmony Remote?0