Imac mini XBMC = mediocre
dhole,

It sounds like you might have some other problem going on with your MacMini. I have two 2TB hard drives hooked to my MacMini and believe me what you are experiencing is not normal operation. I would suggest a call to Apple support.
dhole Wrote:I thought this was a windows thing and people always tell me that their macs dont crash... now I know they are lying Wink

I have the MacMini with 2Gb ram, 4 x 1TB attached to it via USB, serving the content to 2 x ATV2 via SMB:// and watching full HD(1920x1080) from it is never an issue.

my money is on pebkac Smile
dhole Wrote:I thought this was a windows thing and people always tell me that their macs dont crash... now I know they are lying Wink

You must be cursed. I haven't had a kernel panic in seven years. Yes, applications crash. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the OS. Applications crash on all platforms and always will until humans (or robots) figure out how to write perfect code.

My setup is way lamer than yours, (I assume) my computer is slower and I'm pulling my movie files over the LAN. I've had no problems that I haven't been able to figure out or work around.

I think maybe XBMC may not be your cup of tea.
Jon Heal | Have a nice day!

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
I have not had a kernel panic since 10.3 so thats some impressive crashing going on.

I assume that as you are attempting to use the bbc plugin that you are in the UK and have an awesome internet connection?
amet Wrote:my money is on pebkac Smile

As are 90% of XBMC problems.

Or should we say PEBCAR since this is a 10' interface App.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Quote:By legacy I mean X-box legacy, the interface was first designed for a games console and to be controlled in a limited way by limited users .
hahaha what a jackass... ummm ps3, wii, http, ir, keyboard, mouse, some crazy kinetic shit,, oh btw 100% user customizable... stop talking shit and making me login...
xbmc can be controlled by almost anything and i enjoyed reading other users tear you a new ass on other points....
guess you arnt good enough to set it up right, or snap some code up yourself....
you cant be a technophobe and try to run a media center thats any good.... i think thats what cable and tivo are for... they just work.... and thats cause they barly do shit!

if you don't like getting flamed... express your issues with xbmc in a responsible and logical fashion..

and ill be on the other side of the world.. starting a movie preview from my phone for *her .....as we talk/discuss it....
ps:as of posting ~15.3 tb of indexed media. 99.9% correct
RYAN03
Enough Smile
noooooo... I was loving this one Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Imac mini XBMC = mediocre0