What To Get
There is a bewildering range of options out there.

Think I'd prefer a prebuilt media centre (rather than putting a PC together).

Most of my library is in XVID - AVIs on DVDs so that will need to be factored in. Do the players have DVD players? or you do some other arrangement?

Guess a remote control is important.

Will connect to at least 2 TVs.

Based in Australia.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Acer revo probably.
in the prebuilt mini PC's,
the frequently bought systems are these:
(not in order of importance)

- Acer Revo 3700 (no internal optical disc drive supported)
- Zotac ZBOX HD-ND22 (no internal optical disc drive supported)
- Shuttle XS35V2 (slim optical disc drive supported)
Thanks I will look at these - thing about the DVDs I gather its best to put them on a 2 TB hard drive which I guess will plug into one of the systems you mention. 500 DVDs to 1 HDD.

Should the system be connected to the internet for updates? and how are the movie AVIs recognised? Do I need to manually enter the data? When I see the XBMC screenshots the covers etc are there.
XBMC will scrape all the posters and movie information for you but obviously to do this it needs to be connected to the net

One thing you should consider is that skin performance might not be as good on a lower powered system depending on the skin so if you decide on a system then its not a bad idea to ask what skin performance is like from someone who already owns that model Wink
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
eskro Wrote:in the prebuilt mini PC's,
the frequently bought systems are these:
(not in order of importance)

- Acer Revo 3700 (no internal optical disc drive supported)
- Zotac ZBOX HD-ND22 (no internal optical disc drive supported)
- Shuttle XS35V2 (slim optical disc drive supported)

What about the Zino HD from Dell?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What To Get0