Using a single profile across different Windows user accounts
Hi there,

I want to set up XBMC with a single profile that all users on that specific computer can use. Like with eMule, instead of creating a profile under each user, create a single profile that all users share so one setting changed on one profile will reflect to all users.

is this possible?

thanks!
Copy the "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" to the C drive and symlink back to that folder on the C drive for each profile.

Here is a nice GUI tool for windows.

http://code.google.com/p/symlinker/
Even easier, just run in Portable Mode by using the -p command line switch then all the data will be in the same folder as xbmc.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Even easier, just run in Portable Mode by using the -p command line switch then all the data will be in the same folder as xbmc.

Much easeir. Smile

Good advice as always stoli!
stoli Wrote:Even easier, just run in Portable Mode by using the -p command line switch then all the data will be in the same folder as xbmc.

So the first time I run with -p will sort of create a new profile?
mephistopoa Wrote:So the first time I run with -p will sort of create a new profile?

Yes.

Note that the profile will be created in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data" or wherever you installed XBMC. Check all your users have write access to this location. By default non-administrators only have read access.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Yes.

Note that the profile will be created in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data" or wherever you installed XBMC. Check all your users have write access to this location. By default non-administrators only have read access.

JR

Thank you very much mate, I really appreciate your tip!

Thanks for that mate, =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a single profile across different Windows user accounts0