Any one using AT5IONT?
Hello

A week ago I built my HTPC.
With AT5IONT it is completely fanless.

But, I have over temperature issue, and I have to find a way to attach blowing fan on the heatsink.

Is there anyone experienced such kind of problem?

Here is output from sensors in idle state of CPU:
Quote:atk0110-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
Vcore Voltage: +1.10 V (min = +0.85 V, max = +1.60 V)
+3.3 Voltage: +3.49 V (min = +2.97 V, max = +3.63 V)
+5 Voltage: +5.28 V (min = +4.50 V, max = +5.50 V)
+12 Voltage: +12.24 V (min = +10.20 V, max = +13.80 V)
CPU FAN Speed: 0 RPM (min = 600 RPM)
CHASSIS FAN Speed: 0 RPM (min = 600 RPM)
CPU Temperature: +83.0°C (high = +60.0°C, crit = +95.0°C)
GPU Temperature: +70.0°C (high = +60.0°C, crit = +95.0°C)
To be more precise my board is:

ASUS AT5IONT-I, Atom D525, ION2, PCI-E 4X, 2xDDR3 SODIMM, Gbit LAN,E-sata, USB3.0, DVI, HDMI, Fanless, Heatpipe, Mini-ITX
selectany Wrote:Hello

A week ago I built my HTPC.
With AT5IONT it is completely fanless.

But, I have over temperature issue, and I have to find a way to attach blowing fan on the heatsink.

Is there anyone experienced such kind of problem?

Here is output from sensors in idle state of CPU:

I tried to run it without a fan and it just wasn't happening. The temperatures were getting WAY too high.

here's my build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104468

I used a scythe slipstream fan blowing down over the components. It runs at about 700 to 800 RPM so it's basically silent. You have to be within inches of the machine to even hear it.

It won't take much to cool it down just a little airflow.
Media server: unRaid 5.0.5 | CPU: Intel-Core i3-4360 | MB: Supermicro X10SL7-F | RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC | CASE: PC-A77F | HD Cages: iStarUSA BPU-350SATA | PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3 | HDD: WD Red | 25 TB array -WD Red 4TB Parity | 500GB WD Black Cache| Build Details
The fan was so close to the lid that I just set it on the heatsink. I didn't attach it at all. You may try some slow speed case fans, if you can, just to get air flowing through the case.
Media server: unRaid 5.0.5 | CPU: Intel-Core i3-4360 | MB: Supermicro X10SL7-F | RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC | CASE: PC-A77F | HD Cages: iStarUSA BPU-350SATA | PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3 | HDD: WD Red | 25 TB array -WD Red 4TB Parity | 500GB WD Black Cache| Build Details
Unfortunately it is a bit misleading when you buy a "fanless" design. Beginners don't realise that you can't put a powerful machine in a tiny box with no airflow (no offence - I've been through the same learning process!)

I was fortunate though, that my case allows me to place a 120mm fan where the PSU used to be, right above the heatsink, giving clear flow of cool outside air over the heatsink.

If you're unable to do this, I recommend placing an intake fan to one side of the heatsink, as this allows a better directionality of airflow, and you can install a dust filter if you want.

If running the fan at 12V is too loud (this board doesn't really have an intelligent fan options), then you can try 7V, then 5V. If you're not sure how to do this, take a look at the firs section of this article for more information.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
prongATO Wrote:I tried to run it without a fan and it just wasn't happening. The temperatures were getting WAY too high.

here's my build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104468

I used a scythe slipstream fan blowing down over the components. It runs at about 700 to 800 RPM so it's basically silent. You have to be within inches of the machine to even hear it.

It won't take much to cool it down just a little airflow.

Yesterday I bought EXACTLY the same fan as your Smile
I attach it over the heatsink by means of a "plastic tape" (I don't know how to translate it to English)
It runs at about 1000rpm and now temperature is 50C, and I feel happy Smile

PS: It is so silent and can't hear any noise except that coming out from HDD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any one using AT5IONT?0