[LIVE] Shared MySQL Database Challenge?
Hi there. I used this guide to setup a library for my two Live boxes. Both are running Live 10.1.

After setting up this way it works fine and the 2 boxes share non-graphical data fine. When I scraped the movies and shows on XBMC1 movie posters, show posters, fanart and season thumbs get displayed properly of course. When I use XBMC2 only fanart is displayed and instead of posters the fanart is stretched to fit. If I go into the info page of a movie and exit to the movie list someting happens and it refreshes the poster and it gets displayed properly. Doing this on 200+ movies is not going to be fun so I am wondering how to automate this process. I tried 'updating the library' but no go. The second issue is that some tv shows have this issue and others do not?

I know little about how where these files are stored and how to go about this the best way to get these two XBMC's in sync. I did find this guide but I am not sure if this is the solution I need.

Thanks
So no one has this issue?
You want to mount a shared remote thumbnails drive.

Mucking about with Dropbox etc. is overkill, just point each machine at a network drive with your thumbs on it.

Well, works for me.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
actually what you want is for xbmc to store all it's data including the images in the sql tables, making it truly accessible from multiple sources; but thats very unlikely to happen.
mat____ Wrote:actually what you want is for xbmc to store all it's data including the images in the sql tables, making it truly accessible from multiple sources; but thats very unlikely to happen.

Be careful with what you want, you may get it... ;-) My XBMC_Thumbs shared dir has many thousands of files and is more than 10GB in size. That in a MySQL database will probably cause LOTS of trouble, for starters, it could easily need like 100GB of disk space, with all the additional data a relational database would need and so the system partition of 250GB in my server would be almost full (now has 130GB used).

OTOH, if there where a system to delete all unused entries...
pko66 Wrote:Be careful with what you want, you may get it... ;-) My XBMC_Thumbs shared dir has many thousands of files and is more than 10GB in size. That in a MySQL database will probably cause LOTS of trouble, for starters, it could easily need like 100GB of disk space, with all the additional data a relational database would need and so the system partition of 250GB in my server would be almost full (now has 130GB used).

OTOH, if there where a system to delete all unused entries...

If that was actually true, then it would indeed be a problem. Storing binaries in SQL tables is contentious, people either think it's a good idea or a bad one, and little can be done to convince the other party.

I side with it being a good idea, good enough that I wrote a solution that stores scanned a4 delivery notes in a database which currently holds over a million pages, and weighs in at a shade over 80 gig in size. It functions perfectly, returns any record in tiny fractions of a second, and is uber reliable.

There's no increase of storage. Storing a 10mb image in sql takes 10mb of storage within the table, just the same as storing it as a file. It's actually more efficient than storing it as a file, but only when you get into cluster sizes and file headers.
bossanova808 Wrote:You want to mount a shared remote thumbnails drive.

Mucking about with Dropbox etc. is overkill, just point each machine at a network drive with your thumbs on it.

Well, works for me.

Can you please explain how you get this done?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Shared MySQL Database Challenge?0