No Audio from Netbook...
I have an Asus 1000HE netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium with 2 GB of memory. Am waiting to get a Raspberry Pi 256 MB version to use as a media center client with XBMC for ARM. Previously ran XBMC 10.1 with a set of Altec Lansing 2.0 speakers with no problem with any audio being output from the onboard connector.

Putting the system in the living room to replace a tower PC. Everything on that system worked when running XBMC. Hooked the netbook to all the connectors which were hooked to the tower previously. Not getting any audio at all to a Yamaha 5.1 receiver. Thinking it might be a glitch in XBMC 10.1...I upgraded to Eden 11. Still same result with no audio no matter what settings under Analog 2.0. Tried the set of Altec Lansing and no audio under XBMC...but do have under Windows 7.

When I get out of XBMC and play files in Windows with MPC...Media Center or Media Player...I do have audio through the receiver.

All other XBMC behavior is normal. Updates for media fly through. Playback looks fantastic...but without any audio. Have no audio from the output. Any suggestions as well as possible settings?
What connections are you using to get audio and video to the receiver?
Jogee Wrote:What connections are you using to get audio and video to the receiver?

Am using VGA as a secondary output to a 32" flat screen. The onboard audio is a 3.5mm audio cable output to a Yamaha receiver with an RCA connector for each channel.
Then it seems obvious that the problem lies with the audio settings. You'll need to ensure that Windows has the number of speakers configured correctly, and you'll have to configure XBMC as well.

Some obvious things to pay attention to are the number of speakers configured (i.e. 2 channel vs 5.1). That and what audio engine you are using. You may also need to turn off the DTS and AC3 receiver options.
Jogee Wrote:Then it seems obvious that the problem lies with the audio settings. You'll need to ensure that Windows has the number of speakers configured correctly, and you'll have to configure XBMC as well.

Some obvious things to pay attention to are the number of speakers configured (i.e. 2 channel vs 5.1). That and what audio engine you are using. You may also need to turn off the DTS and AC3 receiver options.

Found the problem. The main volume during playback was turned all the way down. When I kicked up the volume during the playback of a TV show...set the levels and told XBMC to use those settings. As for the speaker number/output...had no difference which one was used.

As for my main media center in my room...set the same levels and got audio which didn't seem like needing a horn in my ear to hear the audio.

Thank you so much for giving me clues leading me to look at where I did.
Glad to hear you got it sorted PhoobarID. I completely glossed over the simple thing to check.

Sorry about that. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio from Netbook...0