XBMC resets HDMI profile setting
The ATV2 settings menu allows adjustment of the HDMI output profile between Auto, YCbCr, RGB High and RGB Low. For my particular TV RGB Low provides the best brightness and picture quality. The setting sticks across all other software (Nito, Couchsurfer etc.) but as soon as I run XBMC the profile switches back to the default Auto which messes up picture quality again.
HOW-TO post about a XBMC for iOS problem (AKA YOU MUST POST XBMC.LOG SO WE CAN HELP)

the more details the better.
To recap with more detail:

The ATV2 settings menu allows adjustment of the HDMI output profile between Auto, YCbCr, RGB High and RGB Low. For my particular TV RGB Low provides the best brightness and picture quality. The setting sticks across all other software (basic ATV music, photos etc., Nito, Couchsurfer etc.) but as soon as I run XBMC the HDMI profile is forced back to the default Auto which messes up picture quality again.

Subjectively the reset of HDMI proifle appears to happen when the Skin (Confluence) loads. Using a different skin (Quartz) produces the same result.

Platform: ATV2
Jailbreak: SeasOnPass then fireCore ATV Flash
IOS: 5.0.1 (9A406a)
ATV: 4.4.4 (3330)
XBMC: 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09 (Compiled on Mar 21 2012)
Source: XBMC official build
Instal method: nitoTV
Skin: Confluence (but same result with Quartz)
XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/HhVTF0zR
does the setting stick when you reboot the atv2? So completly withou even using xbmc?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Actually, no it doesn't so I guess this is an ATV/IOS problem. Sorry...Sad
Maybe a jb issue or ios bug. When exiting XBMC its like restarting the AppleTV firmware so the problem exists there too...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC resets HDMI profile setting1