Win Share thumbnails over FTP
Hay i try to share my thumbnails whit my XBMCs, I find the most esyest and best way to do it whit FTP as i use FTP for everything else, But when i add a movie and scrape it i don´t get any image, When i think it shuld upload it and yeh "Username/Password" and path us correct but its maybe not working to do that whit FTP but i don´t relly see any reason why it shuld not work. This is my config

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<!--MySQL connection for VideoDB-->
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.65</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<!--MySQL connection for MusicDB-->
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.65</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<!--Share thumbnails over FTP-->
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/</from>
<to>ftp://XBMC:[email protected]/Video/</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/</from>
<to>ftp://XBMC:[email protected]/Music/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I can add that i just tested to upload the thumbs to FTP folders manually the one that existed in my "MasterProfile" and it shows it just fine in XBMC but not when i scrape new movies

/ Anton
I'm not sure, but I think pathsubs only works with SMB, NFS, and AFP.
(2012-05-25, 07:31)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure, but I think pathsubs only works with SMB, NFS, and AFP.

That suxs i have look in to SMB and don´t get a shit of it, NFS and AFP has no clue what that is
SMB stands for Samba and it is Windows default file sharing protocol. When your share a folder that is a SMB share. AFP is the Apple Filing Protocol. It is Apple's default sharing protocol. NFS is Network File System. This is something used mainly by Linux, but you can also setup Windows and Apple to use this protocol for sharing if you want.
Not think about fix so it culd work whit FTP, I mean FTP is the most used protocol, And its relly easy to setup also Smile

/ Anton

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share thumbnails over FTP0