iPad 2 HDMI Output
Sorry if this has been discussed...I've searched all over the forum for an answer to this question.

Today I installed the latest XBMC nightly build from September 6th. I have confirmed this within System Info. Prior to launching XBMC, I turn on my TV, plug my iPad in via HDMI, and mirroring begins. Upon launching XBMC, mirroring continues. When I go to Settings --> System --> Video Output, I see the option for Full Screen #1; however, every time I click on the arrows nothing happens. Occasionally I receive the prompt "Would you like to keep this resolution".

Is there any way to fix this? I'm sure I am just doing something wrong. I just jailbroke my device specifically for XBMC, so there should be nothing conflicting.

Here is my log file.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5759709/xbmc.log

Thanks,
Tony
You only need to enable mirroring if you want to use AirPlay mirroring to an ATV2/3. For the HDMI adapter you'll probably need to leave it off.
Perhaps I used the term mirroring incorrectly. During general use the iPad shows the same thing on the TV as it shows on the iPad itself. The image on the TV does not fill it entirely. In a video streaming app (for example, Boxee), playing videos will only show on the TV and it will be in full screen.

With XBMC, I'm seeing video on both the iPad and the TV (the TV mirrors the iPad). As such it doesn't fill the screen and is very choppy.

HDMI works properly with the Boxee app (once again, just an example) but doesn't when playing video on XBMC via HDMI.
At the end of the day here's the problem: I can't switch to Full Screen #2
I downgraded to a late August build and it supports the HDMI output. It does seem quite buggy still; however, I'm sure it'll get better with time.
Your first debug log shows XBMC correctly detecting the second screen. Can you tell us what version you're currently running (especially note the build date) that is working? That will help the devs isolate which change might have caused a regression.
It should not mirror the screen to the tvout if you just plugin the hdmi adapter. At least it doesn't do this for me with my ipod 4g and the ipad1. I'm wondering whats going on here. Any third party apps tvout related installed?

Beside that there was no change in the tvout code. And as of the log the sept 6th build detected your external screen. You should have been able to select fullscreen #2. (this would send xbmc to the tv and make the pad itself a pure touch controller with the XBMC logo in the background.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
im running the August 31 nightly build. when launching xbmc under the sept 6 build i simply couldnt select full screen #2 to enable tv out. i uninstalled, reinstalled the stable, and ssh'd the Aug 31. Upon launching xbmc it was in mirror mode (no touch screen only on the iPad). i selected full screen #2, the screens went dark, the iPad became a touch control, and tv out works. perhaps a corrupt installation initially?
I've tested tv out with current mainline code from today and can confirm that its working.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Is there a change log for the nightly builds? I'd like to follow whats different between them going forward if possible.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master - only the code commits. As of the mass we introduce each week its not feasible to do a prettified changelog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 2 HDMI Output0