Audio Sync Differences 1080P vs 480
There is a clear difference between the Audio sync of my system. I have 4GB of RAM and the celeron 847 with integrated HD graphics. The CPU utilization is low in both cases because it is hardware accelerated. I've been using openelec build from a month or so ago. Has anybody else had audio sync issues between file quality differences? Is there anyway to set the audio sync more granular? Can it be set based on video resolution and not per video?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...8585&cm_sp=
see "refresh" from http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsett...3Cvideo.3E
(2013-11-16, 09:17)wsnipex Wrote: see "refresh" from http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsett...3Cvideo.3E
Ok, set the refresh rate. I wish there was something I could do here. The audio delay latency is 40 on HD, 28 on SD and I wish I could set it as the standard across the board. I have to modify and reboot the system if I want to change it. Thank you for the help btw!

<audiodelayrange>1</audiodelayrange>
<latency>
<delay>40</delay> <!--28 for SD, 40 for HD on my intel 847 CPU -->
</latency>
huh? you can set the delay for every refresh rate specifically with the method above - as default
(2013-11-18, 08:00)wsnipex Wrote: huh? you can set the delay for every refresh rate specifically with the method above - as default

I re-read what I wrote. I changed the scale for audio sync, not the refresh rate. Sorry. I do not know if I can set the delay for each refresh rate, however the refresh rate will be 24hz both at SD (480) and HD (1080) most of the time. Adjusting it based on refresh rate will make it change for both SD and HD so that won't work.

Thank you for your continued help!
there is no reason that audio offset should be different in SD and HD if both are the same refresh rate, unless the file is really badly encoded. In that case the offset would probably not be the same throughout different files.

Are you saying that you have multiple SD files with the same refresh rate that have the same offset, but its different from HD files, again with the same refresh?
(2013-11-18, 21:56)wsnipex Wrote: there is no reason that audio offset should be different in SD and HD if both are the same refresh rate, unless the file is really badly encoded. In that case the offset would probably not be the same throughout different files.

Are you saying that you have multiple SD files with the same refresh rate that have the same offset, but its different from HD files, again with the same refresh?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. The SD and HD files also both play fine on other players with the correct sync so I think that shows it's not the files. It's weird and I'm baffled why it occurs. I'm wondering if it's because the slow clock speed on the celeron somehow but that shouldn't matter.
Did you ever figure this out? I've noticed the same issue when playing back SD video. I have to set an audio delay to -.250 in order to get it to sync up. Any HD videos play fine.
Hi
I ended up mapping 2 buttons on the remote (page up,page dwn) with AudioDelayPlus AudioDelayMinus in the remote.xml file, under the fullscreen video section
I have that mapped on my harmony one remote now. Explaining to my wife why she needs to hit the button though is never worth it.
(2014-01-31, 01:43)SkinnyT Wrote: I have that mapped on my harmony one remote now. Explaining to my wife why she needs to hit the button though is never worth it.
lol I gave up.....brought the missus a tv and dvd player for the bedroom...happy wife happy life Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Sync Differences 1080P vs 4800