Poor quality with SD-material
No, we reverted it for VDPAU and VAAPI.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hw accelerators are disabled for dvd playback.
:-)

Haha, I knew i have overlooked something.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So far so clear. Blush

When it comes to this strange "2sec-pumping" in the playback, its not a problem with the GPU, because GPU-acceleration is turned off. Right?

But what is then the problem? The CPU-usage is about 10%. Far away from any critical point.

Is it possible to enable VDPAU and use a better deinterlacing-method?
Deinterlace is the best deinterlacing quality you can get. It's on the same level as nvidia temporal / spatial. In combination with lanczos 3 upscaling I don't really see anything that could get better.

I don't think your mpeg-2 is interlaced at all, as yadif would eat a lot more.
Yes you are right, the CPU-usage is much higher, about 60-70%.
Yesterday evening i made some short tests: it seems, that with my Atom-based HTPC no type of deinterlacing is really stable. Often it works out for some time and then starts to drop frames. So not stable at all. Confused

It's kind of strange now: i can use the HTPC for 1080p-movies but it's not possible to watch SD-material in satisfying quality...
Is there hope for improvement? Will there be GPU-acceleration for DVDs again?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poor quality with SD-material0