Best Current Box
(2014-09-09, 18:31)Stereodude Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 07:39)Nitrous Wrote: - I would have thought it would have spdif output for audio. If HDMI runs to the TV for optical output what are you doing for audio? 3.5mm jack into RCA cables running to receiver audio input? (seems like a bad option)
I bought a USB to SPDIF converter on ebay. It uses a CM6631A chip which is an Asynchronous USB audio device (low jitter) that supports up to 32-bit 192kHz playback. It worked with OpenELEC without any fussing.

I'm using this one from Turtle Beach with my ChromeBox, as my AVR doesn't do HDMI. Yes, I could have gotten something cheaper on ebay, but slim design + prime delivery trumped saving $5-10. And it's plug/play with OE as well
(2014-09-09, 19:29)Matt Devo Wrote: I'm using this one from Turtle Beach with my ChromeBox, as my AVR doesn't do HDMI. Yes, I could have gotten something cheaper on ebay, but slim design + prime delivery trumped saving $5-10. And it's plug/play with OE as well
I need coax SPDIF to feed an external DSP upstream from my receiver and I wanted an asynchronous USB solution capable of 24/96. That rules out most USB to SPDIF devices. I ended up with a somewhat ugly naked PCB, but it was reasonably priced. link
I just looked and my 60" LG TV has HDMI, USB and Lan port but no Displayport. So I'm guessing I would have to run HDMI to the tv for the video and get a USB to SPDIF for the audio. Or run 3.5mm audio jack to rca to the receiver.

Anyone able to confirm the Celeron Chromebox will be enough for what I want (XBMC (with addons like 1channel, icefilms and mashup, live tv) and streaming from local NAS) or will I need an i3 version or NUC?

What about the best controller airmouse like for the chromebox?
it should be plenty sufficient. SPDIF will be far superior for audio than analog. no idea on an airmouse though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Current Box0