HTTP-Server needs an update!
One of the most clever features of the XBMC is the HTTP-Server (Remote Control)... But it seems to be forgotten by Team-XBMC?...

* A "Now Playing" feature, so i know what i'm playing on the Xbox in the other room.

* Matching PMIII skin would be nice..

*Some general new features from later XBMC-Builds that could be implemented, i mean it has worked/looked the same almost from the start a couple of years ago.

Anybody with more suggestions just throw them in here!
Knock yourself out, we're opensource
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

mixim Wrote:One of the most clever features of the XBMC is the HTTP-Server (Remote Control)... But it seems to be forgotten by Team-XBMC?...

* A "Now Playing" feature, so i know what i'm playing on the Xbox in the other room.

http://XBOX_IP/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command...tlyplaying

* Matching PMIII skin would be nice..

Right here http://www.xbox-skins.net/forums/index.p...nload=3982

*Some general new features from later XBMC-Builds that could be implemented, i mean it has worked/looked the same almost from the start a couple of years ago.

Anybody with more suggestions just throw them in here!

See my bits in bold red
pike Wrote:Knock yourself out, we're opensource

Hmm well I guess so, but since this is the feature request...

I have to agree with mixim, an update would be a great addition to this great media center.

For exampel browsing through the daap share is pretty unstable, mostly with large lists but I have random hang ups.

If you choose to do it, great! if you don't still the best media center I've ever seen.

Erik
I also think that the web interface needs some attention. With version 2.0 nearing it would put yet another crown on this media player's proverbial head.

With all of the web 2.0 / AJAX hype, would it not make sense to create some type of standard interface for XBMC.

Unfortunately I don't have the coding skills for this, but I'm sure that if the XBMC dev team put a small contest together for the best web interface for 2.0 that they could get plenty of attention for it.

What do you think?? I for one would donate $5.00 towards a prize. If everyone did, we could attract teams with solid skills...

Thoughts?
Jezz_X Wrote:See my bits in bold red

Thanks for the link. I like that PM3 skin. A few of the onfocus graphics haven't been updated in it (like the pause button) but once that is fixed I think it should be made the default in cvs.
And when you've selected a music file in a directory it would be great if xbmc would play the next file automaticly.

And some kind of "play mode" options like shuffle and so one

Thanks Erik
Suggest to tailor a set of pages for PSP. Then PSP could become a portable remote for XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTTP-Server needs an update!0