Disable controller-ports option
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I have 6 clumsey housemates who keep knocking the controller with thier feet. A good solution for this would be the option to disable controller ports so say only port 4 with the remote sensor was active.

Other than that niggle, xbmc has become so dominant in our house, no one ever watches tv.
hehe your hands are broken, eh? can't unplug the controllers or put them away when not in use Sad
Too many empty beer bottles and take away dishes in the way Big Grin
I like this idea... because I'm lazy. Smile I usually keep both a remote and a controller up by my bed so if I feel like playing a game I don't have to jump out and go plug the controller in.

My problem isn't that people accidentally knock the controllers but actually that XBMC seems to lock up much more often when both a controller and the IR dongle is plugged in.

The only problem with having an option to disable ports is it will add more confusion to the newbie whos kid randomly disables it one day and then they have no idea how to get anything working again.
Well, actually, there might be a "safe" solution to the concern raised by LaTropa64 -

Disabling the controller can only be done if the IR dongle is connected (so the remote is always active), BUT - as soon as the IR dongle is disconnected then the controller is automatically made active.

This way, even if someone kid's disables the controller then the "quick fix" would be to unplug and re-plug the IR dongle.
Surely the best solution is to just unplug the damn controller.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable controller-ports option0