Android multiple issues with the box
Good morning all,
My husband bought this as a Christmas gift for me. I have the Mxq android box. It had a lot of things preloaded for me. My main issues as of now is there is never enough space in the cache, it buffers every show and movie but not completely in movies ( it buffers in sections). When i select something it "backs out" of the selection like i pressed back or home. Also I would love to use an external hard drive that I have but I cant seem to get it to be seen by the box, or I may nit be looking in the right place! its a seagate free agent goflex 500 gb. I used the usb cord it came with to connect the two. Any help would be awesome! Love my box already but if these things were fixed it'd be perfect! TIA!
If it's a "fully loaded" box pre-loaded with the usual selection of crappy banned add-ons (wiki) sourcing pirated material from illegal sources then we do not support them. Please read our forum rules (wiki) concerning piracy, and also the information about free content (wiki).

For support on such rubbish ask the supplier who sold it to whoever got it for you...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok lots of hostility there, Me and my husband did not know. no need to be a jerk about it. the main system is KODI THEN THAT takes me to another place (netflix, hulu, amazon) to watch my movies on just all in one list..... I'm not understanding the difference. I dont know what add ons are. Im not trying to pirate or whatever.
If the box arrived from the supplier with access to media already installed, then it's against the Foundation terms of service and not supported here.

Such suppliers are parasites and make their money by selling stuff to unknowing users and leaving others to clean up when they break as the illegal sources they use get discovered and shut down, leading to damage to the image and brand of the Kodi software in the process.

If you can tell us where your movies and shows are coming from, then we can see if they're legal or not. But from what you describe it's almost certain that they are not, at which point they violate our rules, and any support would only be from whoever sold you the box.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-08, 17:58)tierias Wrote: Ok lots of hostility there, Me and my husband did not know. no need to be a jerk about it. the main system is KODI THEN THAT takes me to another place (netflix, hulu, amazon) to watch my movies on just all in one list..... I'm not understanding the difference. I dont know what add ons are. Im not trying to pirate or whatever.

It's best to ask the seller or manufacturer of the box to help you as they set it up.
There will probably not be enough cache if your box only has 1GB userdata partition which most of these low quality MXQ boxes come with.
You'll have to flash a custom firmware with bigger partitions.
The cache can also fill up if Kodi caches to disk instead of RAM which it should actually do to increase the lifespan of the NAND storage on the device, otherwise it's going to pack up in a few months time with all the streaming.
Read up on how to cache to RAM with an advancedsettings.xml file in Kodi wiki pages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple issues with the box1