Can I use newer version of kodi while using 15.1 with mysql?
(2017-05-05, 00:15)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-05-05, 00:00)roveer Wrote: I'll give that a look. I was doing some pretty funky stuff with CCM so I would be surprised it I found Xonfluence to give me everything I had. I will look though. Thanks for letting me know.
IIRC the last version CCM worked properly with (as in 'was designed for') was Helix. So you 'should' be using xonfluence with Isengard (15) anyway. At the time the settings were compatible, it was just a case of copying them across - I think if you look there's even a script in the xonfluence isengard thread to copy settings from ccm.

I recognized your username from some of the xonfluence threads. I tried installing xonfluence onto 15.2 using the isengard instructions. I got the happy something repo zip, did an add-on using zip file went into the skins folder and there was nothing there. Any idea why I can't install xonfluence? I tried a bunch of other ways and got everything from dependencies not met to repos that wouldn't respond if I hit enter. Really confused by this. Thanks for the help.

Roveer
(2017-05-05, 23:28)roveer Wrote: I recognized your username from some of the xonfluence threads. I tried installing xonfluence onto 15.2 using the isengard instructions. I got the happy something repo zip, did an add-on using zip file went into the skins folder and there was nothing there. Any idea why I can't install xonfluence? I tried a bunch of other ways and got everything from dependencies not met to repos that wouldn't respond if I hit enter. Really confused by this. Thanks for the help.

Roveer
No worries.
I just tested this on a fresh install of 15.2, and it worked for me.
In your browser go to https://github.com/Helly1206/skin.xonflu...e/Isengard
Click on 'Clone or Download', then 'Download zip' and you should end up with a file called 'skin.xonfluence-Isengard.zip'.
Stick that zip file somewhere kodi can find it (ie a shared folder).
In kodi goto System > Addons > Install from zip - install the zip!
You need an internet connection to do the install, as dependencies will need to be downloaded from the kodi repo at the same time.
(2017-05-06, 00:03)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-05-05, 23:28)roveer Wrote: I recognized your username from some of the xonfluence threads. I tried installing xonfluence onto 15.2 using the isengard instructions. I got the happy something repo zip, did an add-on using zip file went into the skins folder and there was nothing there. Any idea why I can't install xonfluence? I tried a bunch of other ways and got everything from dependencies not met to repos that wouldn't respond if I hit enter. Really confused by this. Thanks for the help.

Roveer
No worries.
I just tested this on a fresh install of 15.2, and it worked for me.
In your browser go to https://github.com/Helly1206/skin.xonflu...e/Isengard
Click on 'Clone or Download', then 'Download zip' and you should end up with a file called 'skin.xonfluence-Isengard.zip'.
Stick that zip file somewhere kodi can find it (ie a shared folder).
In kodi goto System > Addons > Install from zip - install the zip!
You need an internet connection to do the install, as dependencies will need to be downloaded from the kodi repo at the same time.

just tired your steps. Got "dependencies not met, please contact add-on author" in lower right hand corner right away. Network is connected

Very strange. Once I enabled debug mode (may be a coincidence) I started to see add-ons updated. I then tried again and this time it loaded and now xonfluence is installed. Not sure I understand what just happened. Only other thing i can add is that I'm running a pi3 and right now I have the lightning bolt appearing every so often which indicates not enough power. I'm searching for a better power supply.

It could be one other thing... Last week I installed a program called pi-hole. It's a network based ad blocker. Really great little item. I had blacklisted mirrors.kodi.tv. Starting to think that may have had something to do with it, I removed the blacklist. Was that possibly preventing the add-ons from updating? Either way, I got the skin installed so that's what I needed to accomplish.

Thanks for the information.
(2017-05-06, 01:56)roveer Wrote: It could be one other thing... Last week I installed a program called pi-hole. It's a network based ad blocker. Really great little item. I had blacklisted mirrors.kodi.tv. Starting to think that may have had something to do with it, I removed the blacklist. Was that possibly preventing the add-ons from updating?
Yep. You can't install / update anything from the official repo with that in place.
As long as it's working...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I use newer version of kodi while using 15.1 with mysql?0