[split] Security issue?
Question 
HELLO KODI PEOPLE

I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO KODI 17.3 AND I WAS ADVISED TO UNINSTALL THE OLDER VERSION OF KODI DUE TO A SECURITY ISSUE .
BUT WHEN I DOWNLOADED KODI17.3 I ALWAYS GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

This program can’t start api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll Is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program to fix this problem

I HAVE REPEADEDLY TRIED TO REINSTALL BUT I STILL GET THIS MESSAGE . I EVEN DID A SEARCH ON MY COMPUTER FOR THIS MISSING FILE AND IT DOES EXIST ON MY COMPUTER . I FACT THERE ARE MULTIPLE COPIES OF THIS FILE THAT I DOWNLOADED OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS.

PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM SO I CAN ENJOY MY KODI AGAIN
Your message was moved to a separate thread as it had nothing to do with where you posted. Now please don't SHOUT on our forum, or you won't last long.

That message has been dealt with in other threads and I suggest you use the search function.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I SO sorry I forgot my caps on but can you direct me to solve this problem and does this happen often ?
No you didn't forget:

1. You deliberately posted the same shouting message on the tail of 6 different unrelated threads, and just wouldn't stop. It must have been obvious to you that you had posted in all-caps after the first time. Did you edit? No. I had to temporarily ban you in order to tidy up your mess.

2. I will remove your ban shortly, but any more multi/cross posting, shouting or other breaches of either etiquette or our rules will see the ban reinstated.

3. I have already answered your question, see above.

4. I suggest you spend some time with google and the error message to find an answer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thread also moved to Windows
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Security issue?0