Movie Scraper Not Working Correctly
So, I made the mistake of accidentally removing my movie library in Kodi. When I added it back, it was way out of whack. About 1,000 movies aren't being scraped, and another several hundred are scraped incorrectly.

Right away, this is extremely frustrating, and there does not appear to be an easy way to fix this. Yes, I'm aware of the Missing Movies extension. Still a lot of work to toggle between that and the Movies tab where you can actually update anything.

Anyway, I found that the scraper was going back and RE-BREAKING movies I had manually fixed.

Many (but not all) of the movies I was having problems with had NFO files so I deleted those.

Now when I click Movie Information > Refresh and then click through until it gets to "Loading Movie Details", it just hangs and hangs forever and never replaces the information.

In several cases I removed the incorrect movies from the library.

In addition to THIS, any time I do a scan (on every startup), I have the scan details visible, and it shows the SAME incorrect movies getting scanned, and they also take FOREVER and of course never add correctly. Scraping takes like 20 minutes.

Also, some of the incorrect names are just frustratingly stupid. "C.H.U.D.mkv" is defaulted to "Chudo" instead of C.H.U.D. A movie called "6 Souls becomes" "7 Souls". "Last Days in the Desert" becomes "50 Days in the Desert". "7 Minutes" becomes "3 Minutes". What even are these movies?

Also, I have the Backup add-on, which I thought would protect against these kinds of disasters, but I found that it does absolutely nothing to protect your library from having the metadata you want.

I know this seems like a lot of rambling, because I can't really articulate the problem other than everything is screwed up and it appears to be impossible to fix.

Any help anyone can possibly offer would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Chizad,

You have listed a few problems, so lets take some small steps first...

First step...

It turns out that TMDB has made some changes to their API. The Kodi team released a fix for this issue yesterday. I am wondering if you were a victim of this issue.

Can you check your TMDB addon and ensure you have updated to the latest version 3.9.4. Go to Add-Ons>My Add-Ons>Information Providers>Movie Information. Click "The Movie Database" and then check the version. If you are still on version 3.9.3, click update and try scraping again.

Let us know if that resolves the problem
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-08, 06:53)Karellen Wrote: Hello Chizad,

You have listed a few problems, so lets take some small steps first...

First step...

It turns out that TMDB has made some changes to their API. The Kodi team released a fix for this issue yesterday. I am wondering if you were a victim of this issue.

Can you check your TMDB addon and ensure you have updated to the latest version 3.9.4. Go to Add-Ons>My Add-Ons>Information Providers>Movie Information. Click "The Movie Database" and then check the version. If you are still on version 3.9.3, click update and try scraping again.

Let us know if that resolves the problem
I just checked. I have 3.9.4 installed. I have auto-update enabled.

However, in an attempt to resolve this issue, I recently switched the scraper to Universal Scraper. I'll switch back to TMDB and report back later.
To clarify, I have AtMovies Movie Scraper, cinemagia, cenemarx, Cine-Passion, Local information only, The Movie Database, and Universal Movie Scraper all enabled.

Only Universal Movie Scraper is selected under "Change Content"/"Set Content" under Settings > Media > Library > Videos and right-clicking on my Movies library.

I just went back and changed this to TMDB and it's re-scraping everything from the beginning. Which I'm fine with if it actually works.

It will take some time and I'm heading back to work. I'll report back tonight.
Update:

I switch to TMDB and it's much better as far as finding correct titles, definitely for those specific ones I was having problems with.

Somehow I have about 50 less titles than I had previously (down from 1638 to 1588), but maybe that's from the scraper being more accurate.

Everything in recursive folders (i.e. I have a "James Bond" folder at the root of my Movie library folder with all individual Bond movies in that folder. Those all get skipped. This is a relatively manageable problem though. Just remove them from that folder and create folders for each individual movie.

Another problem I'm still having is that it appears all unzipped (r01, r02, r03 etc) movies within a folder appear in the "Missing Movies" add-on even though they're actually also in my library.

Thanks.
Quote:I switch to TMDB and it's much better as far as finding correct titles, definitely for those specific ones I was having problems with.
Ok, good. I tested CHUD and 6 Souls, and I had no problems scraping them. FYI, I removed the periods from CHUD and it worked fine. In most cases if a title uses special characters in the title, there is usually an alternate name without the special characters. If you can search using the alternate name on TMDB, and the movie appears, then it is safe to use the alternate name. Try CHUD and C.H.U.D. and you will see they both work.

Quote:Just remove them from that folder and create folders for each individual movie.
Perfect. The simplest solution is the best.

Quote:all unzipped (r01, r02, r03 etc) movies within a folder appear in the "Missing Movies" add-on even though they're actually also in my library
Not sure what you mean here. All files are unzipped. I assume unzipped into their original video file. So what is r01, r02 etc?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have a folder for:
Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb 1964 BRRip XvidHD 720p-NPW

In it exists:
Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb 1964 BRRip XvidHD 720p-NPW.en.srt
Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb 1964 BRRip XvidHD 720p-NPW.r00
Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb 1964 BRRip XvidHD 720p-NPW.r01
Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb 1964 BRRip XvidHD 720p-NPW.r02
...etc...

For some reason Dr Strangelove is in my movie library AND in the Missing Movies Add-On report. I searched the drive the repository is looking for "Strangelove" and these files are the only such file or folder is in that directory. So it appears to be showing up as a false positive in Kodi for some reason.

Another similar example:

I have a folder for:
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.2006.BRRip.Xvid.Ac3.Projekt

In that folder exists:
Projekt.nfo
Projekt.sfv
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.2006.BRRip.Xvid.Ac3.Projekt.part001.rar
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.2006.BRRip.Xvid.Ac3.Projekt.part002.rar
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.2006.BRRip.Xvid.Ac3.Projekt.part003.rar
...etc...

Same thing. X-Men: The Last Stand is in my movie library AND in the Missing Movies Add-On report. Nothing else with "The Last Stand" in the file or folder name.

I'd rather have false positives than false negatives, so I guess I'll take it. Still have about 300 missing files to go through, so I'm sure I'll be back with other questions.

This has been very helpful so far, so thanks again.
my god, just unrar your files
This has just become a piracy thread, methinks...
We have a loose policy of ignoring obvious scene {ie piracy) filenames, but @Chizad you're pushing it.

Unrar your rar files, rename them properly, done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Jeeze, this thread turned fast.

Like I said, there are about 300 false positives in the Missing Movies app. Unraring them all will both take up a lot of extra space on my hard drive and take a ton of time.

As far as I know, Kodi supports playing rar files. I don't know why this implies piracy and/or is frowned upon compared to any other file format.

Just trying to figure out if this is a known issue and if anyone knows a solution to have rar'ed files show up only once in the library, and not also in the Missing Movies app.
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.2006.BRRip.Xvid.Ac3.Projekt - seems a likely piracy download to me. Eother that or you are ripping your movies to rar and naming them like a pirate which would be, ummmm, odd.

There is absolutely no need to keep rared files unless you are trying to seed them (see above).

The rared files in a download are rarely actually compressed, so you won't lose space.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:Jeeze, this thread turned fast.

I think everybody is just surprised to see someone using circa 1993 technology to save their movies.

How much space are you saving by keeping rar'sHuh Seriously, storage is cheap.

And as rar's are predominately used in torrents and usenet for media, this does imply some level of piracy as I would doubt you would go to the effort of compressing your dvd's or bluray's

The reason for all the false positives is that it is looking for one movie file, yet you have multiple movie files.

It sees each one of the above as separate movie.
My Signature
(2017-06-10, 03:50)Karellen Wrote:
Quote:Jeeze, this thread turned fast.

I think everybody is just surprised to see someone using circa 1993 technology to save their movies.

How much space are you saving by keeping rar'sHuh Seriously, storage is cheap.

And as rar's are predominately used in torrents and usenet for media, this does imply some level of piracy as I would doubt you would go to the effort of compressing your dvd's or bluray's

The reason for all the false positives is that it is looking for one movie file, yet you have multiple movie files.

It sees each one of the above as separate movie.
I am 100% not seeding these movies.

I was under the impression that rar'ing does save space, but good to know that it doesn't. Still the fact remains that I have hundreds of movies stored this way.

I don't think your explanation holds, since I'm only getting two copies and there are usually on average about 50 rars per library item.

I guess I'll drop it and figure it out myself since the forum turned on me pretty fast.

Thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Scraper Not Working Correctly0