Microsoft MCE remote control function and mappable?
Question 
Hello everybody, does anyone have find a way to make the Mce remote control work under xbmc ? The only button that work are up, down, left,right ... !!! I've try looking into the keymap files.... Hope some of you can help me !
legendx Wrote:Hello everybody, does anyone have find a way to make the Mce remote control work under xbmc ? The only button that work are up, down, left,right ... !!! I've try looking into the keymap files.... Hope some of you can help me !

I have the same question. I tried adding the displayremotecodes to the advancedsettings.xml as per the wiki but that doesnt seem to work.
I'm suprised they even work they must emulate keyboard keypresses because the win32 build currently has zero remote control support. As the linux version uses Lirc to control it.
So you might have a long wait before remotes work its probably low on the list of things that need doing
Hi,

I have no problems with the MCE remote control, the only "problem" is the
sensitivity of pressing the keys of the rmote; they are responding fast...

regards
Jan
jarwha Wrote:Hi,

I have no problems with the MCE remote control, the only "problem" is the
sensitivity of pressing the keys of the rmote; they are responding fast...

regards
Jan

You are talking about the windows win32 port right and not the Linux or Xbox versions ?
Without having looked at it at all i wounder if it's not the Xbox remote code that happends to work on win32 too. In win32 we use Ms standard driver and that should be more similar to xbox than Linux
Smile 
you can use girder to define your mce remote key.
I'm not even sure how those keys are interpreted (so please don't flame me for being way off base) but if it does so by DirectX you could try joy2key
enetfun
do u have step by step instruction for girder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft MCE remote control function and mappable?0