SMB and UPnP functions not working in XBMC for Windows?
Question 
Hey guys, i know those functions aren't working yet in the SDL/OpenGL compile's of XBMC, but ARE working in the win32/dx version compile's, and i can't remember the forum post that mentioned a workaround of manually keying them in for now, til that gets fixed, or something like that.
I tried using the dx version to make all my sources, then copied the sources.xml file into my SDL directory, but that apparently doesn't work. My windows build (up to today's) i make, i use for messing around, and only have my music collection on my computer, but my series and movies are on both my 500gig NAS drive as well as my 500gig xbox and 300gig USB hard drive with Ubuntu and linux xbmc on that one.
So to simplify things for now, i was just going to map things to my xbox, or NAS drive (this one i only backup and keep unplugged for archive storage purposes only though.) so i can still use them for testing on the SPL pc version. Could someone help remind me the workaround for now? I figured making them using DX version XBMC would work, since the format is the same. And double checking the sources.xml file, it looks ok, but when using XBMC SDL, it still doesn't show any of them i made. Thanks.
i'm in the same boat... I can't get smb to work for the life of me. I tried even using the same lines in the sources file from my xbox, which connects just fine.

If it matters, I'm using the latest t3ch build from 04-06-08 and latest exe build from wiso.. and its on a vista 32bit machine.

also if i just try to browse even.. i immediately get a "error -1073741772: share not available"
oh and sorry.. here is my log

http://pastebin.com/m70536485
Code:
ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://'
That looks like the problem. No host/ip, no access to a share. Did you use any special characters in password or directory name? try without.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:
Code:
ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://'
That looks like the problem. No host/ip, no access to a share. Did you use any special characters in password or directory name? try without.

all I did was click browse, and I get that message... didn't enter anything first...

do I need to enter something first? I know I didn't need to on the XBOX version
I feel stupid.. if I just put in the ip of the smb share, then the share name, it works Smile

just doesn't seem like the browse option works is all... sorry for any confusion
It needs at least the IP to browse for shares afaik.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Not on xbox. smb:// is the "workgroup browse" share. It *should* list the workgroups on your network.

Guys! Just share resource using xbmc - it is works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB and UPnP functions not working in XBMC for Windows?0