Kodi Krypton 17.6 Windows 10 1709 Audio cuts out every 2 seconds
Hi All,

I have been running Kodi Krypton for a while on various Windows systems around the house running Windows 10 1607 for a while with no problems.  My machines have now all updated to Windows 10 1709 over night and now I have this infuriating stuttering/cutting out audio problem.  I have noticed that with the 1709 update have come several changes to the playback devices within Windows such as the option to enable 'spatial sound'.  It appears that this is not playing nicely with either my machines outputting via the onboard video using HDMI or my machines outputting via SPDIF to receivers via sound cards.  I've pretty much meddled with every single Kodi/Windows audio function all to no avail.  I have also rebuilt these machines from scratch using the latest drivers and Kodi install all to no avail.  The strange thing is that the issue just seems to be related to Kodi.  If I watch video through iTunes/WMP/VLC it is all flawless.  I could roll back to 1607 but I would prefer to get resolve this problem.  I did try searching these forums and couldn't see any similar issues mentioned which I found odd due to all the different systems I'm having trouble with.  Is anyone else experiencing this and/or do you have a fix? Any help much appreciated.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I ended up reverting all my Kodi machines back to 1703 which is stable and will disable feature updates so I don't get 1709 again.  Whatever this update does with audio Kodi doesnt like it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Krypton 17.6 Windows 10 1709 Audio cuts out every 2 seconds0