Android Leia/AFTV - No sound on video (I think just AC3 files)
I've been using Leia nightlies for a while with no major problems, until now.  For the last week or so I've been having problems - the most major being my AFTV not playing sound for a lot of videos.  I've just captured a log where I try to play one file - all I get is a hiss now and then.

I think the problem is just for AC3 files.  My setup is a AFTV 1st gen connected straight to a TV via HDMI.   

Thanks in advance for any help

https://paste.ee/p/VHtgw
I have the same issue and not found a way around it yet. AFTV2 is working fine, AFTV1 has issues with some files. This has been going on since around May 15, I believe.
Same issue at TV Box Trongle X1 KODI 16..0.1 Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2GB+8GB.

Videos marked in kodi with "dolby" have no audio output while "DTS" and "AAC" are working fine.

last working version is kodi-20180515-b0e430c7-master-armeabi-v7a.apk
things have got a bit better for me over the last couple of days, but some files still produce hiss
I've opened a ticket https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17907
I added peak3d, your AFTV provides an AC3 decoder by itself and most of those mediacodec decoders are as fucked up as the mediacodec video decoders on those boxes :-) -> needs another blacklist entry.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks for explaining it. Is there a schedule for additions of these blacklist entries? I've moved to another Android TV box (which the AFTV1 isn't officially, of course) for the time being...
Are there any news to this problem? I am also encountering this problem on my AFTV1, all non AC3 formats play well like e.g. DTS, others will bring some strange white noise.
Developer was informed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is anyone able to supply the kodi-20180515-b0e430c7-master-armeabi-v7a.apk to me? Seems it's already removed from the official mirrors.
The ticket is open since 1 month now, seems the device gets no real love anymore or the dev is on vacation, hopefully last is the case... Wink

Dan
(2018-07-09, 13:58)dan3o3 Wrote: Is anyone able to supply the kodi-20180515-b0e430c7-master-armeabi-v7a.apk to me? Seems it's already removed from the official mirrors.
The ticket is open since 1 month now, seems the device gets no real love anymore or the dev is on vacation, hopefully last is the case... Wink

Dan
 LMGTFY
Do you check your answers before you blame users?
I already did a search and found no valid link, thats why I ask here since I hope someone on this thread has the file still on record.

Dan
My bad, I had no problem finding some old builds recently so assumed it would be easy.
(2018-07-09, 18:05)Hitcher Wrote: My bad, I had no problem finding some old builds recently so assumed it would be easy.
 Usually you're right, that should have been easy... Seems daily builds are nothing 3rd Partys cache for years... Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia/AFTV - No sound on video (I think just AC3 files)0