AVR not recogniced while starting up the system
Hi there,

i have a little, but very annoying problem with my new intel-based PC hardware. To make it short - here is the solution for my problem:
Creating and using edid.bin via xorg.con

The thing about is, that this solution only works with Nvidia-graphics. I am searching the whole web to find a working syntax for Intel-based systems, but it seems there is no?!
So my question is:
Does someone have ever cared about this problem? Is there a How-To about this somewhere?
In short: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ker...de_setting

It's done via drm_kms_helper in combination video= and preloading the edid.bin

To your last question: This was discussed at length in this forum. Search for drm_kms_helper please :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2148505 <- found my old howto. Btw. drm_kms_helper has changed, it's now something like: drm.edid_firmware=edid/your_edid.bin since 4.15
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks a lot for your quickly response fritsch!!

I will look at this, for me totally new, content. Till now i run a Nvidia-system and there it was more or less easy to apply the necessary changes to the xorg.conf.
So i am very happy that at least there is a way to fix the problem. Tongue
I already thought with the new Intel Hardware there is no solution...
In OSS Land there is always a solution :-)
Tongue 
I envy you for your optimism!
My big linux-successes are coming very slow... Tongue

According to your link i put the edid.bin-files (of which only one is useful in reality) to the folder: /lib/firmware/edid/edid.bin
Then i changed this line in the /etc/default/grub :
Quote:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-2:edid/edid2.bin"

The name HDMI-A-2 i know from this command:
Quote:for p in /sys/class/drm/*/status; do con=${p%/status}; echo -n "${con#*/card?-}: "; cat $p; done
at last i updated grub with sudo update-grub
Then reboot.

Well.....
This changes nothing. Only HDMI-1 connected, no signs of the AVR. Any ideas?
You missed the part about the initramfs script I think. And - you clear miss to post dmesg | pastebinit in working state and in non working state. And as you even overread the video= line in my howto - I think: Read it again.
Thanks a lot for your help fritsch!

In the meantime i brought it to work. i'm getting better. Big Grin  At last i used this line:
Quote:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-2:edid/edid2.bin video=HDMI-A-2Big Grin"

I think before the part  video=HDMI-A-2Big Grin  was missing. Maybe this means, that the system is told, that the device is connected, even when it is not connected? I don't know. In any case it is working - thats the most important for me. Blush

The rest will be no problem i hope. I have to tell the system to show both video-outputs in clone-mode. I think, i will find a syntax for xorg.conf for that.
So once again many thanks for your helpful hints!

PS:
The smileys in the code are no smileys but ": D" without space between ":" and "D"
Don't know how to turn that off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AVR not recogniced while starting up the system0