Audio problems with Yamaha RX-V675
Hi, I have the Yamaha receiver, and I think it is just old enough to create problems with Windows and Kodi. I like to set wasapi for digital decoding, but the device always changes and Kodi defaults back to directsound. I have tried the suggestion to lock the device id in advanced settings. Sometimes in Windows and Kodi my output device is Yamaha and others it is Samsung TV. I think it is possible that because the receiver doesn't support the newest HDMI standard (3.1?) that it does simple video pass through when it is turned off.

Has anyone seen this type of issue before? Especially with receivers having the new HDMI standard?
(2019-01-29, 05:13)mcfloyd Wrote: I think it is possible that because the receiver doesn't support the newest HDMI standard (3.1?)

HDMI barely started the new 2.1 standard recently, 3.1 won't be there for at least a couple of years. Not much (if any) hardware, TVs maybe, will have the 2.1 HDMI standard implemented already.
(2019-01-29, 07:39)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-29, 05:13)mcfloyd Wrote: I think it is possible that because the receiver doesn't support the newest HDMI standard (3.1?)

HDMI barely started the new 2.1 standard recently, 3.1 won't be there for at least a couple of years. Not much (if any) hardware, TVs maybe, will have the 2.1 HDMI standard implemented already. 
 Yeah my mistake, my receiver nominally supports 2.0/2.1 HDMI since it can only pass 4k@30Hz.

I have noticed that video is still passed through when the receiver is in standby mode though, which may be why the computer sees "SAMSUNG TV" under the audio devices.  The sound is still passed to the receiver though, and can decode Dolby/DTS/etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems with Yamaha RX-V6750