altstore.io - Alternative way to install Kodi to IOS-devices?
Just read about altstore, a project which uses Apple's sideloading process to install apps to IOS-devices with no jailbreak required. No renewal of certificates needed after seven days, as this is done automatically.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/25/20884...-jailbreak,

Could this be a good way of distribution for Kodi? Nothing illegal and by using the altstore, the installation seems to be rather easy and obivously this works for all IOS-devices... like ATV4K Smile
Looks great! If I understand correctly, we just need to install a companion app on our computer then AltStore resign the app every 7 days on background, so it's a good user experience for people without jailbreak and without paid cert?
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2019-09-27, 08:29)sy6sy2 Wrote: Looks great! If I understand correctly, we just need to install a companion app on our computer then AltStore resign the app every 7 days on background, so it's a good user experience for people without jailbreak and without paid cert?

...this is exactly what it is! Smile
What'd be really convenient is if there was a way to sign and install apps on the device itself.

I don't know if an app could install another app on the device though even if it were signed...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
signed apps can be updated through OTA, e.g. through website (maybe other app can do it too)
do you want someone to take control of your computer.  ? im not sure if it is safe to do
(2019-10-07, 04:47)Japgeisha Wrote: do you want someone to take control of your computer.  ? im not sure if it is safe to do

well, there's an inherent level of trust with anything you install...

altstore.io requires the username and password for an apple id, but that doesn't need to be the one you actually use normally, and in fact, I would suggest not using the one you use normally

kodi addons require this same inherent level of trust... any addon could download and install anything onto your computer if it were malicious
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2019-09-30, 21:47)DanTheMan827 Wrote: What'd be really convenient is if there was a way to sign and install apps on the device itself.

I don't know if an app could install another app on the device though even if it were signed...

You can sign and install apps on the device itself with ReProvision app, but you need to be jailbroken... Undecided
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
altstore.io - Alternative way to install Kodi to IOS-devices?0