DTS and DTS HD on kodi
good evening everyone

On my Box formulate Z8 with kodi leia I can't read DTS and DTS HD sound with kodi akors that with mxplayer the movies are played in DTS AND DTS HD among others on my DON and DTS HD TRUE HD compatible amplifier . The passthrough activate in audio I is only the lines DOLBY DIGITAL, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS no line DTS AND DTS HD to activate why ?? Thank you in advance for your help.
(2020-01-14, 09:22)denon33 Wrote: good evening everyone

On my Box formulate Z8 with kodi leia I can't read DTS and DTS HD sound with kodi akors that with mxplayer the movies are played in DTS AND DTS HD among others on my DON and DTS HD TRUE HD compatible amplifier . The passthrough activate in audio I is only the lines DOLBY DIGITAL, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS no line DTS AND DTS HD to activate why ?? Thank you in advance for your help.

Buy a better device next time.
Hisillicon devices have some of the worst Kodi support.
They don't follow any Android standards like IEC61937 required for audio passthrough or MediaCodec required for video playback.
Other video players might use device specific hacks to make things work but Kodi only supports official Android API's.
good evening everyone

On my Box, formulate Z8 with kodi leia installed why I am not these lines (see photo)?

THX !!!!
(2020-01-16, 21:39)denon33 Wrote: why I am not these lines

Because it doesn't support them. See post above.
who does not support this format? kodi? because the Z8 with mxplayer works in DTS, DTS HD, DTS MA
(2020-01-17, 14:08)denon33 Wrote: who does not support this format? kodi? because the Z8 with mxplayer works in DTS, DTS HD, DTS MA

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349902
weird i installed kodi directly on my android tv, without going through my box, like no lines to activate DTS even in expert mode.
(2020-01-18, 20:20)denon33 Wrote: weird i installed kodi directly on my android tv, without going through my box, like no lines to activate DTS even in expert mode.

Buy a better tv next time or ask the manufacturer to release a firmware update that supports Android standards.
I wonder how they passed Google's CTS tests if basic passthrough is not even working.
good evening apparently I am not the only one in this case I have chat with other people who have a Z8 and it comes well from kodi
Check before you buy and dont just trust the spec sheets
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS and DTS HD on kodi0