v18 Windows mouse pointer constantly appears in center
Hi,

I've recently upgraded to the W10 V18.9. I've also added a new BT keyboard to my HTPC.

Since then, the Windows mouse pointer reappears in the center of the screen almost all every time whenever there is a context change, e.g. starting or stopping video playback. I can push it aside, but nothing will stop it from reappearing.

I have checked all the relevant options that I could think of, e.g. Enable mouse and touch screen support is disabled, tried using the Aeon skin instead, and closed all the other applications (although they were open most of the time before, when this wasn't happening) on the compute: no reslults.

Any assistance would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
(2020-11-02, 03:50)Isambard Prince Wrote: Enable mouse and touch screen support is disabled
I have this enabled on my windows PC and my Android device; the Android device has a multi-media blue-tooth input. Configured this way (make the suggested change) does the pointer disappear in a few seconds without touching it? If you push it aside, does it hold it's position or re-appear in the screen centre? Suspect at this point is some background task hijacking the screen and pushing it back leaving you with a windows code pointer on top.

What BT device are you using?
(2020-11-02, 20:08)PatK Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 03:50)Isambard Prince Wrote: Enable mouse and touch screen support is disabled
I have this enabled on my windows PC and my Android device; the Android device has a multi-media blue-tooth input. Configured this way (make the suggested change) does the pointer disappear in a few seconds without touching it? If you push it aside, does it hold it's position or re-appear in the screen centre? Suspect at this point is some background task hijacking the screen and pushing it back leaving you with a windows code pointer on top.

What BT device are you using?

1. The Windows mouse pointer can be pushed aside. However, whenever there is a window switch within Kodi, such as starting or stopping playback, the pointer reappears in the center of the screen.

2. I've activated the option. The Windows mouse pointer would be above the Kodi mouse pointer and move with it. If I left it alone, the Kodi mouse pointer would disappear, leaving the Windows one.

3. I have two BT keyboards with pointing devices. I used to use one without any problems, the second one makes the pointer appear when it's turned on. On a few occasions I was able to get rid of it in case #1, when I moved Kodi to windowed mode, moved pointer outside its window and then switched back to the full screen.

There are no background tasks, it's a minimum W10 installation, nothing running on it apart from Kodi (and a few other user applications, but I stopped them to test). I didn't have such problems for a long while.
(2020-11-02, 23:09)Isambard Prince Wrote: the Kodi mouse pointer would disappear, leaving the Windows one.
Kodi has expected behaviour then, points at a windows input driver issue. What behaviour in 'full screen' (not windowed full screen or windowed mode) does the pointer  exhibit (might be good to change the pointer gfx in windows so you can tell).  Tinker with the pointer settings a bit, perhaps you can initiate some default setting.

Suggestion: I would install a portable mode Kodi ensure it's functionality and load up one movie... if the behaviour stays the same, I would point at windows or the input device drivers as the suspects, if everything is fine and the behaviour is as expected, I would build on that set-up.
If you have no luck figuring it out, try this... http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microso...ouseCursor
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-03, 02:15)Karellen Wrote: If you have no luck figuring it out, try this... http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microso...ouseCursor

Thanks, I might give it a try.
(2020-11-03, 01:57)PatK Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 23:09)Isambard Prince Wrote: the Kodi mouse pointer would disappear, leaving the Windows one.
Kodi has expected behaviour then, points at a windows input driver issue. What behaviour in 'full screen' (not windowed full screen or windowed mode) does the pointer  exhibit (might be good to change the pointer gfx in windows so you can tell).  Tinker with the pointer settings a bit, perhaps you can initiate some default setting.

Suggestion: I would install a portable mode Kodi ensure it's functionality and load up one movie... if the behaviour stays the same, I would point at windows or the input device drivers as the suspects, if everything is fine and the behaviour is as expected, I would build on that set-up.

I think I have a pattern (so the next time I do anything, I'll probably find out I was wrong, according to Murphy's law). If I turn on the BT device with Kodi in Full screen or in center of screen, the mouse pointer will be bugged. If Kodi is windowed and its window does not occupy center when I turn on the BT device, the mouse pointer will disappear as expected.
(2020-11-03, 13:36)Isambard Prince Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 02:15)Karellen Wrote: If you have no luck figuring it out, try this... http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microso...ouseCursor

Thanks, I might give it a try.

It works. However, I have to use Classic strategy - otherwise the programme will think the pointer is already hidden when the video playback is started (it will hide it if I move the mouse even for one pixel).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows mouse pointer constantly appears in center0