Win My kodi keeps crashing when loading a movie or series episode
My Kodi keeps crashing when I try to start watching a movie or series, just when it has found a source and it's loading into the player it crashes, doesn't matter what it is. Tried reinstalling it, using different addons, turning off hardware acceleration but nothing fixes it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this. I'm on pc and Kodi worked fine for me before. Haven't used it in a few months and then this started happening.
Here is a log I made of the progress of starting up Kodi until it tries to start the player and crashes: The log
Sometimes there is a question of the re-installation, let's rename the Kodi folder in C:\Users\Nouri\AppData\Roaming\ to something else... like "old_Kodi" ensure the functionality of the program by setting one local source with a few videos. I note FTL: (windowed fullscreen) with size 1920x1080, refresh 180.000000; can you set your desktop to 1920x1080x60 cycles and in settings ensure you have fullscreen active and not windowed fullscreen mode. it would be good to set a whitelist for this and common resolutions.
(2020-11-29, 16:56)PatK Wrote: Sometimes there is a question of the re-installation, let's rename the Kodi folder in C:\Users\Nouri\AppData\Roaming\ to something else... like "old_Kodi" ensure the functionality of the program by setting one local source with a few videos. I note FTL: (windowed fullscreen) with size 1920x1080, refresh 180.000000; can you set your desktop to 1920x1080x60 cycles and in settings ensure you have fullscreen active and not windowed fullscreen mode. it would be good to set a whitelist for this and common resolutions.

I did all that you said but changing the refresh rate in the settings or on my Pc doesn't do anything. Changed it to normal fullscreen but it still keeps crashing. Set the whitelist to 1920 by 1080 at 180hz but still, it crashes. I tried this all with some video's from a local tech channel.
(2020-11-29, 23:28)GeorgeBu Wrote: Set the whitelist to 1920 by 1080 at 180hz
Set your desktop to 1920x1080x60 cycles and in settings ensure you have fullscreen active and not windowed, a proper debug log from that configuration might be revealing.
Here is the log of me doing what you said: log

Set the whitelist to 1920 by 1080 at 180hz, desktop to 1920x1080x60 cycles and made sure it's on fullscreen
I didn't see what movie or video you where trying to load, other than various streaming sources using video.tweakers or non configured youtube (Error reason: |accessNotConfigured| with message: |No API keys provided|). If your issue is with streaming sources, I suggest investigating the 'specific add-on' support forum. Otherwise, let's have a debug log with an attempt at playing out a local source video, perhaps with software rendering, no sync, and refresh off and again at 60 cycles.
When watching a local video source it doesn't crash and just works fine. I have tried it with loads of different streaming addons and they all crash when I start playing a vid
(2021-01-16, 22:20)GeorgeBu Wrote: When watching a local video source it doesn't crash and just works fine
Kodi Success, alas 3rd party add-ons are an issue for many and few are written properly by the team, nor sanctioned. If the add-on is legit, I suggest posting in the area of the specific forum here, (e.g. YouTube) should you be referencing banned add-ons, (plugin.video.tweakers) we can't accommodate; as that would be in violation of the forum rules and is likely the issue at hand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My kodi keeps crashing when loading a movie or series episode0