Possible to mute the info popups during playback?
Kodi has info popups regarding a number of things, from CEC connections to addon updates, I want to mute these so that they don't appear if a video is currently playing. What options do I have? If there's no current setting for this, then can someone point me to the correct place in the source code that's responsible for these pop-ups and I can write the patch myself if I need? 

Thanks to anyone with feedback!
The CEC popup is only the boot process of Kodi with the initial contact with the TV for what .. 2 seconds?
Add-on updates can be muted/not implemented.
With addons I set them to "Notify". I can't remember ever seeing a notification during playback using this setting.
(2021-03-12, 15:45)Klojum Wrote: The CEC popup is only the boot process of Kodi with the initial contact with the TV for what .. 2 seconds?
Add-on updates can be muted/not implemented.

If the CEC connection gets interrupted it alerts again, but I have a situation where I'm queuing up a startup video in KODI, so it launches right into the video, and this CEC popup is not only annoying, but on an underpowered ARM board it actually can result in some video stutter and timing issues.

I don't want to disable these info dialogs permanently, only while a video is active. Thus far I haven't found a way to do this.
(2021-03-15, 18:56)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Thus far I haven't found a way to do this.

I say an underpowered ARM board can also cause the CEC disconnects, so why should be putting in changes to stop CEC popups?
Get yourself a decent & proper power adapter in the first place.
(2021-03-15, 19:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 18:56)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Thus far I haven't found a way to do this.

I say an underpowered ARM board can also cause the CEC disconnects, so why should be putting in changes to stop CEC popups?
Get yourself a decent & proper power adapter in the first place.

Thanks for the reply. But again, I'm not asking about CEC disconnects. The message pops up immediately when kodi starts as CEC is connecting, but I have a startup script that is also playing a video immediately on startup. I'd be happy even if I could pass a startup parameter to mute these honestly.

So it sounds like the feature doesn't exist. No problem, I can write a patch myself. But it would sure be helpful if someone was able to give me a head start and point out where in the xbmc repo these alerts are sent to the GUI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to mute the info popups during playback?0