Very slow channel change when Adjust Display Refresh Rate enabled
I'm using the current Kodi 20 release in Windows but this issue has existed far longer than that. With Adjust Display Refresh set to On Start, it significantly increases my channel change times. All of the channels are 50hz and I have 50hz set as fallback frame rate too so it seems like something is trying to adjust the refresh rate every channel change even though no change is needed. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a workaround other than temporarily turning off adjust display refresh rate when watching TV?
(2023-06-25, 12:30)Krobar Wrote: I'm using the current Kodi 20 release in Windows but this issue has existed far longer than that. With Adjust Display Refresh set to On Start, it significantly increases my channel change times. All of the channels are 50hz and I have 50hz set as fallback frame rate too so it seems like something is trying to adjust the refresh rate every channel change even though no change is needed. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a workaround other than temporarily turning off adjust display refresh rate when watching TV?

Do you have Whitelisting for different resolutions enabled?  If you are surfing between SD and HD channels you could also be having a resolution switch.
I only have the majority of refresh rates enabled at its 4K native res (3840 X 2160) and all channels are 50hz. Changing the fallback resolution does not help; it is as if it tries to switch refresh and back again as if the current output refresh rate is not considered.
Set default gui to 50hz = no fps change on my live tv , only videos change 24/23,976/ 60 etc
What I do:
- Not using whitelist
- Fallback refresh to 50
- Player adjust refresh rate on: start (try 'off' if you only expect same refresh on all channels)

I am still playing with different settings having just moved to Nexus, but these seem to produce good results so far
(2023-08-16, 15:38)Atreyu Wrote: What I do:
- Not using whitelist
- Fallback refresh to 50
- Player adjust refresh rate on: start (try 'off' if you only expect same refresh on all channels)

I am still playing with different settings having just moved to Nexus, but these seem to produce good results so far
Just wanted to say thank you; disabling the whitelist fixed it.

The whitelist contained the correct resolution so I'm not sure if this is a quirk or a bug and if it is a general PVR issue or more specific but in case anyone else experiences this problem the list above is the config you should use.
Never had any positive results using WL in any scenario, so I simply don't use it. Glad it works for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very slow channel change when Adjust Display Refresh Rate enabled0