Alpha service.IPTVEncoderRedirect
I built this for myself, but am making it available in case others may find a use for it.

In a nutshell, if you have a video encoder capable of producing HLS streams
AND
a kodi device to attach to it (dedicated, not used with local libraries, etc)  which can support Widevine
AND
Install HULU or other IPTV.merge aware addons
AND
Install IPTV.merge

This addon will become a "tuner" of sorts, enabling an external DVR (in my case ChannelsDVR)  to add a source where the m3u8 and epg are provided by this addon (in background, from IPTV.merge) and when the DVR/client connects, it will get the stream (funneled through this addon via a small proxy) and at same time begin playback of the channel in Kodi.

There is a bit of a delay (at least on my RPI 3B) as the final addon (in my case Hulu) begins playback.

I have this fairly stable for a single encoder , but it is coded to utilize up to 3 additional devices/encoder ports, where the other devices do not need this addon (just the same HULU, IPTV.megs addons as the Master device), because this Master can communicate and send required Play/Stop to each additional Kodi device.

I will be testing the multiple device/encoder setup soon, but remember the various providers may limit # of streams (like HULU, allows only 2 unless you pay more).

More to come on this, including ideas about auto-setup virtual channels derived by the Addon VOD content.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any issues here or at my github account.

I do have a repository to make installing easier if you desire:

Kodi File Manager Source: https://kcook98765.github.io/repository.kcook98765/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.IPTVEncoderRedirect0