OSX DVD player vs XBMC in Mac Mini
Maybe i'm the only one with that issue. I was wondering how to insert, play and eject a DVD without a keyboard on a Macmini.

OSX Version 10.5.6
Platform Mac Mini
Install Method dmg
SVN Revision 9.04 beta1
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: Insert a DVD Video in Mac Mini's Slot in.

System hardware specs (CPU: 1,83Ghz C2D , RAM 4Gb , Video Chipset Intel 950)

The problem was :

A dvd inserted was not playable, lauching the browsed .ifo file didn't work, at the same time that a remotly stored .ifo file launching worked.

I've figured, after some time, that:

- when Apple's DVD player auto launch feature was on : Local DVD inserted to the drive were playable. But the XBMC's eject button was not functionnal.

- when Apple's DVD player auto launch feature was off : The Local DVD inserted did not launch when i pressed the play icon, but eject worked.

so i've written a little applescript telling osx to do :

Code:
tell application "DVD Player"
    activate
    delay 10
    quit
end tell

Launch DVD Player
wait 10 sec
Quit DVD Player

Alternate method i've used when the apple's remote command play is recognized by the Apple DVD player, the DVD menu is laggy launched twice...

Code:
    activate
    delay 10
    do shell script "killall \"DVD Player\""
end tell

where
Code:
do shell script "killall \"DVD Player\""
end tell

could be replaced by
Code:
  quit
end tell

I hope that workaround could help one or another. To use it, paste the code into the Script edit program of OSX, save it. then go to System Preferences / CD & DVD and select launch a script to the DVD Video section.

As you figured, English is not my primary language Oo
MaLa3aR Wrote:Maybe i'm the only one with that issue. I was wondering how to insert, play and eject a DVD without a keyboard on a Macmini.

The problem was :

A dvd inserted was not playable, lauching the browsed .ifo file didn't work, at the same time that a remotly stored .ifo file launching worked.

I've figured, after some time, that:

- when Apple's DVD player auto launch feature was on : Local DVD inserted to the drive were playable. But the XBMC's eject button was not functionnal.

- when Apple's DVD player auto launch feature was off : The Local DVD inserted did not launch when i pressed the play icon, but eject worked.

so i've written a little applescript telling osx to do :

Code:
    activate
    delay 240
    quit
end tell

Launch DVD Player
wait 240 sec
Quit DVD Player

I hope that workaround could help one or another. To use it, paste the code into the Script edit program of OSX, save it. then go to System Preferences / CD & DVD and select launch a script to the DVD Video section.

As you figured, English is not my primary language Oo

let's see, no version posted so I have no clue which version you are running. Since DVDs do not play, that suggests you are NOT running 9.04 release. My crystal ball is broke and I can't help further unless you include some more info.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124

Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
omg Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX DVD player vs XBMC in Mac Mini0