Sporadic crashing, some reproducible
I've tried trunk 34708 and 34730 and get very frequent crashes where XBMC exits instantly. I tried deleting my ~/.xbmc directory and letting it create a new one. I installed the YouTube addon, and trying to run it produces a crash every time. I also tried a clean rebuild using external python and got the same result, so returned to using the internal library.

The debug log just ends, I don't see anything related to the crash, but here it is: http://pastebin.ca/1960719 For this log I launched XBMC and immediately tried to run the YouTube addon.

This crashing behavior appeared in my svn builds in the past couple days, it was fine before that. The hardware is a Zotac ION running OpenSuse. I upgraded to get the recent fix for the HDHomerun audio problem I was having, (which is fixed, woot!) but now XBMC itself is unstable. I can't navigate the interface for more than a few menus without crashing, nor can I make it all the way through a content scan. Most of the crashes happen when leaving a screen (backspace key) but sometimes entering a screen also, I don't have a reliable way to reproduce it. Doing a "scan for new content" does begin scanning but always crashes sometime before finishing. I've tried deleting the cache and even the whole ~/.xbmc directory again to be sure. Running an addon has been a completely reliable to make it crash though.

From my seat, it seems that something in the past couple dozen commits has caused a serious problem. Is there a known fix or workaround?

EDIT: Ah, I see from another post now that trunk is in "heavy mayhem" and the revisions numbers and timing fit my symptoms. Fortunately the problem commits are just after the fix I needed, so I'll drop back for a while. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sporadic crashing, some reproducible0