XBMC and Windows 7 Power Options
Good morning,

my htpc consists of 2 main programs: XBMC and DVBViewer. I hope to get rid of the latter when live tv is introduced in XBMC. Smile

In the past when i used MediaPortal for Live TV i disabled Windows 7 power options. Hibernate/standby mode was being initiated by a nifty little MediaPortal plugin called PowerScheduler. That plugin allowed me to define processes which existence prevent any form of energy saving. I defined xbmc.exe, iexplore.exe etc as such processes.
Unfortunately DVBViewer doesn't have such a plugin. So i need to activate Windows 7 power options. The machine will be put to sleep after 15 mins of idle time.
In the www i read about mixed experiences concerning the effectiveness of Windows 7 power options. PCs got shut down although processes were consuming resources. Microsoft introduced a policy. Programs need to signal they don't want any form of standby/hibernate.
Is there a setting in XBMC which allows to suppress hibernate/standby?
Why all the hassle?
Well, if xbmc is running i want to enjoy my media system. I don't want any interuptions e.g. sudden shutdowns/standbys. After i enjoyed my moviei either initiate hibernate manually though xbmc or i just close xbmc. Then Windows 7 can take over and put the mean machine to sleep. Smile

Am i thinking to complicated?
How have you guys solve energy saving?
Any1 around with my combo, XBMC and DVBViewer, running?

Thx in advance.

Greetings
GermanKraut77

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Windows 7 Power Options0