[REQUEST] Script for TvGuide (UK)
With the new support for rtmp streams and thus being able to watch live tv via plugins such as bbc iplayer and tvcatchup. I was wondering if a script could be made to show the tv guide for the free view channels?
hi, i know this is an old thread... but i wish for a tvguide too Smile

i have no idea about python, so please don't tell me to DIY! but i can offer some pointers i hope....

there was a tvguide script the old thread is here, but it hasn't been updated for 2 years. the last post tells you where to get it from but you have to sign-up, to ease this situation i have uploaded the original files to megaupload. had a poke around and it looks like it has an epg style interface with pop-up alerts and you can link it to hardware tv tuner... like mythtv? but i could be wrong. all i need is freeview listings for UK.

obviously wasn't expecting this to work... but tried repacking as .zip and appending "script." to the start to try and install from .zip but nothing going on. obviously needs rewriting for dharma and beyond!

credits to original developer bigbellybilly Smile

and thanx!
ok i thought i'd share my googling.... there is a python scraper already called python-tvrage, but you have to install it, maybe the code could be adapted? also found this github radio times scraper in php? is that even useful as add-ons are normally in python Huh finally i was wondering if any of this is already implemented in the unified PVR frontend version....
Although i cant offer you much help, i just wanted to also say i'd love a TV Guide that can be linked to channels on either a TV card or indeed live plugin.

The way i would see it is to link the channel guide to favourites, so you can browse the tv guide for say BBC 1 and then launch it to active say a live BBC 1 internet stream or from a DVB-S or DVB-T card. This way you could continue using a backend like TVHEADEND without the need for the pvr branch of xbmc as well as link in live IPTV and live streams to your EPG.

I wish i knew how to code as the logic is sound, display the EPG setup with found channels, link it to a predefined favourite (you can associate folders within plugins as favourites), display the EPG for that channel with listings and info and then check if a user selects a certain time that it is the actual time before launching to that favourite. Imagine the channels you could set up that would be non geographical and live.

Ironically some work has already been done in this area with mythTV plugins and TVheadend plugins etc parsing info from the backend. And the PVR branch already displaying a EPG of found data. PseudoTV also displays a virtual EPG from smartplaylists that could all be linked into a kinda mega TV listing type affair alongside such great plugins as Livestreams.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
danz0l Wrote:Although i cant offer you much help, i just wanted to also say i'd love a TV Guide that can be linked to channels on either a TV card or indeed live plugin.

thanx for your support... if i knew anything about python this would be done by now, i have looked at this on and off for the "simplest" solution and have gotton nowhere. and whilst i can find documentation on python i cannot find any documentation on how it works with xbmc... the wiki page sems to be pre-dharma!! so i just don't know how to structure an add-on.

the PVR DVB-T support is done with the PVR-frontend branch of xbmc i linked. But i don't have terrestial TV (i don't even have an aerial!!!) so to watch freeview i use tvcatchup, however it does not incoporate a very good guide, hence my interest in this. whilst much work has been done on the mythtv backend and EPG stuff... you still need an DVB-T card to collect the data, all i'm talking about is something small to scrape a site or two!!

http://www.freeviewtvguide.com/# would be perfect Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Script for TvGuide (UK)0