RF Wireless Remote Options
Hello All,

So, I did try searching. Alas, my search was impossible. I cannot search for the string "RF" as it is too short.

I am looking for a wireless RF remote for XBMC. Let me explain my circumstances:

I have a 46” LCD hanging on the wall upstairs and a 60” inch LCD downstairs. I am using the HDelight by brite-View to send a wireless HDMI signal to both TV’s from my office computer. Wireless HDMI at 1080p… how cool is that? My office PC is has an overclocked i7-875k on an Asus mobo tethered to 3.3 TB worth of storage space. Although very powerful, and mainly used for Solidworks, the office PC can get a bit loud (with all the required airflow for cooling during peak demand), so it has been relegated to residing in the office.

I would like to be able to stand in the kitchen or sit on the sofa and control the XBMC interface. The respective distances to the PC are something on the order of 25 and 40 feet linearly.

Does there exist such a remote? I am really opposed to using IR extenders, as I would prefer to keep the holes in the drywall to a minimum. Does anyone have any other interesting RF solutions?

Thanks,

Sean
HDelight by brite-View...
thats nice indeed!
Just like the Push2TV from NetGear!

Ok, RF remotes...
there's many posts on remotes..

but although i dont use remotes or even mini keyboards,
have a look at these:
KEYSPAN ER-V2 Silver RF Wireless Remote
ATI RF REMOTE CONTROL
Dell Gyration RF Air Mouse
Cool! Thanks!

So, any idea what I can expect for range? I was playing around with a Logitech MX Revolution (best thing for Solidworks since the "space ball"), and got about 10 feet reliably with it. Should I expect more out of either of those remotes?

Thanks again,

Sean

EDIT: I just saw that the Keyspan claims a 90' range. Any comments on the accuracy of that statement?
i dont know MechEng... im sorry Tongue

as i said, i dont use remotes as of today....

but those seemed pretty nice to me in general...

they are RF, and im sure they have great range....

i especially like the Dell Gyration RF Air Mouse because
it has wii-like point & play remote controls! Smile

i think Keyspan Range is not "up to 90 feet" as advertised, but more like 20-25 in reality....
I use this MCE compatible nMEDIAPC RF remote and keyboard combo...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823202004

I've been using it for a few years now and am very happy with it, works anywhere in the house, signal goes through multiple walls/floors. Before I got this one, I Was using an RF ATi Remote Wonder, but it had problems at distances over about 15 feet.
there you go Tongue

free shipping here http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/produc...TTKeyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RF Wireless Remote Options0